• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BLC-2 And the .260

gabriellapua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
wenatchee wa.
Just wondering if anyone has used blc2 for there .260 and how it turned out. I have some 110grain barnes banded solids. Have you used that combo? Any info is appreciated

Re: BLC-2 And the .260

For light bullets in the 95-110gr range it will work well. It is temperature sensitive though.

H4350 works better as the bullet weights get above 120gr in the 260.

No experience with blc2 and .260. I wish it would shoot the 140s cause I have a Shiite ton of it. I'll have to try it out.

TD911, if you shoot a 223 try that BLC-2 under the 75gr+ bullets. The powder fills the cases nicely and shoots very well from both of my 223's.

Beware that the BL-C2 is temperature sensitive. I saw some pretty nasty pressure spikes in the hotter months down here. Enough so that I am getting away from it.

thanks for the info guys. im going to try it with little bullets 85,-110 grain. in my wifes .260 she if i cant get a smoking yote round going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TD911, if you shoot a 223 try that BLC-2 under the 75gr+ bullets. The powder fills the cases nicely and shoots very well from both of my 223's. </div></div>

Roger that. 27.0 grains with 55grainers makes a real nice shooter. I will have to try it with the heavies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango__Down</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TD911, if you shoot a 223 try that BLC-2 under the 75gr+ bullets. The powder fills the cases nicely and shoots very well from both of my 223's. </div></div>

Roger that. 27.0 grains with 55grainers makes a real nice shooter. I will have to try it with the heavies. </div></div>

27.0 is my go to load for 55 FMJ's as well. 25.5 is about the right spot for 75 Amax's.