• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemished Match Bullets 338, 250 Grain Hollow Point @ Midway

I bought 10 boxes originally thought they were Hornady but compared them and they are not. Maybe SMK? Not sure but I measured a box and all seemed to be within normal tolerances just cosmetic blems.

From the nose of the bullet in that picture, I would guess Lapua Scenar. No guarantee that the bullets you get will be the same as the picture, though.

250ScenarBergerHybridSMKflash.jpg

250ScenarBergerHybridSMK.jpg

Lapua, Berger and SMK 250s.

Chris

Considering Midway is also listing a couple of dozen other discounted blems I'd assume (only by inference) that they're Hornadys.

Considering Midway is also listing a couple of dozen other discounted blems I'd assume (only by inference) that they're Hornadys.

I hadn't thought of it like that but that may very well be. The 285 gr blems that Midway were selling a while back had to have been Hornady's.

No, they're definitely not Lapua Scenars since we don't ship "seconds" anywhere. They (Midway) specifically mention that the picture shown is generic and merely representative, and is not a photo of the actual product.

I might also mention that Midway is just west of Columbia, MO. That's about 50 miles from Sedalia, MO, where the SMKs originate. You can fill in the blanks, but I doubt that Hornady is the only one sending them seconds.

The "original" price of these blems is the same price as the Hornady 250 non-blems Midway is selling...

Yeah, I stick with the not Hornady statement. I had a box of Hornady and compared them side by side the angle of the tip is different, didn't have any SMK other than 300's to compare them with.