• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blind window clamp

Crews

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Tx
    I do a vast majority of my hunting in a deer blind, and I love digiscoping with a spotter. I currently use my RRS tripod for this, but sometimes there’s just not enough room for it.

Is anyone aware of a clamping platform that I could use? Idea would be clamp something to blind window frames of various widths (~1/2-3 1/2”) and put a micro ball head on it.

I’m not sure this requires a RRS-level investment but I could be wrong.

I have a vehicle window mount for my spotter, but definitely not near wide enough for a window frame. However with some padding and a small C clamp, I would think you could mock something up that works pretty well and doesn't cost 1K

LOTS of options in the link above

Why not buy a really long Arca rail and screw it to your window frame. Then use a ball head with Arca clamp on the base so you can slide it anywher in the window frame. This is what I was planning to do on a whitetail blind too.

One of the window mounts attached to a quick-clamp. Is what I use for my LabRadar on 4" thick concrete bench tops.

I do a vast majority of my hunting in a deer blind, and I love digiscoping with a spotter. I currently use my RRS tripod for this, but sometimes there’s just not enough room for it.

Is anyone aware of a clamping platform that I could use? Idea would be clamp something to blind window frames of various widths (~1/2-3 1/2”) and put a micro ball head on it.

I’m not sure this requires a RRS-level investment but I could be wrong.
    If you are somewhat handy you could whip up something like this:

I don’t think their model opens as wide as you’d like. (They sell cheaper models too, which also have the same limitation)
    82D2E134-B3A7-477D-9393-9945D9ECA7F2.jpeg
    3D3947C4-6A7A-44E4-8647-834642A15747.jpeg

With a ballhead on there you wouldn’t even need to go that complex. Could use an old-style wood clamp and mount the ballhead on that.

This one is at Rockler:
    1695662708832.jpeg

Not cheap but it is a neat package. I do not blind hunt much so could not justify when I saw it.

I've used them to mount cameras in lots of places including basketball backboards.

Not cheap but it is a neat package.

I could see that for wives, kids, or old folks and heavy rifles.

I’ll throw a Fortune Cookie over the blind window and kill any damned thing I need to with a rifle. And it sure seems royal retarded to spend the money on that contraption just for digiscoping. Not to mention it looks massive and you still have to go buy a bipod and a ballhead for it.