• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Bliss at last

MtnGhost

BOfH
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
I'm extremely happy with this setup!!!

F1BF784C-3928-4BBC-BD67-9C3108AD6AFA.jpeg

My brain seems absolutely fine switching between the NOX and factory L3 PVS-14. I also find the COTI to be useful on my left eye, but man do I feel like Ironman now LOL

The objective dial is super stiff in the NOX, but I can deal with it.

View attachment 7560128
My brain seems absolutely fine switching between the NOX and factory L3 PVS-14. I also find the COTI to be useful on my left eye, but man do I feel like Ironman now LOL

What is the model number of your bridge?

How do you like it with the NOx as far as setting IPD and eye relief?

Reactions: MtnGhost
I want to try this out and see how I’d handle the different images

What is the model number of your bridge?

How do you like it with the NOx as far as setting IPD and eye relief?
I'm running a Knight's bridge and a Wilcox G24. Lots of adjustment options with this bridge. The NOX aligns very well to my eye. I was worried that eye relief would be off, but it's perfect.

Spent a out an hour with these on tonight. This truly seems like the best of both worlds. Hatd to explain, but the difference in colors between the two units blends well when I'm moving, but they let my brain naturally distinguish between the thermal and i2 NV, so it's very efficient to scan and detect with one or the other depending in what I'm looking for.

All that is missing is a HUD over the i2 and you'd be all ready to to travel back in time to find Sarah Connor 😂

I started doing the "wrongness" (coti+14+skeet(or patrol)) back in 2018 ...

47252014752_55310f4b04_k.jpg

Spotting with skeet or patrol ... shooting with the laser + 14. Using the coti if needed to see the critter in vegetation, aligned with the laser.

If using this setup, I often leave the COTI off to conserve battery, only turning it on if needed.

What's the total weight?
6.296lbs (2856g) with the NOX + ADM mount / 14 / COTI / bump helmet and counterweight. I run the 4D pads in my helmet. The weight didn't bother me after wearing it for and hour and change, but I did wind up adjusting the counterweight slightly. It's balanced as well as Alan Greenspan's checkbook, no complaints!

I’d totally submit to the Borg for bioelectro NOD implants.
I would be next in line right behind you! 😂

Ok, Im glad to see someone else do the same thing. I run the iray on one side and the pvs14/COTI on the other. My brain is able to fuse all the information better than if I run just the 14/iray.

I am also rocking this setup. Just got a video recorder from unobtaniumgear for the NOx too. So I hope with all of this combined finally my neck will be ruined. But I'll be able to see everything when I'm walking around my basement and record it too so fuck it!

I am also rocking this setup. Just got a video recorder from unobtaniumgear for the NOx too. So I hope with all of this combined finally my neck will be ruined. But I'll be able to see everything when I'm walking around my basement and record it too so fuck it!
Nice!!! Which components did you get from them for video recording?

It sort of sucks if you're expecting 4k 60fps but it is more than sufficient to record a hunt/stroll. Since we are out of the ice age I'm going to try to get a coyote in the next few nights with the NOx and record it. I'll post it if I do. Plenty of youtube videos of the anvrs already up of course.

View attachment 7560128

How much would that set up run a noob?

If with an high spec L-3 willie pete unfilmed 14 then closer to $15 k ish ...

So the question is, for those that have used both and understand abilities and limitations...do you go dual band or dual tube i2? (not including COTI in this discussion)

Put another way, for things that guys would typically use dual i2 for, like moving and shooting...if a single pvs14 is 70% (arbitrary number) as effective at doing those tasks as dual tube i2, how effective is dual band doing those same tasks?

Guessing you mean from a tactical standpoint, in which case i2 is going to be the only usable one (of the two) for target ID

Reactions: Ironman8
For hunting, dual band 100%. For close quarters tactical, dual i2 with e-coti 100%.

Reactions: Ironman8
Put another way, for things that guys would typically use dual i2 for, like moving and shooting...if a single pvs14 is 70% (arbitrary number) as effective at doing those tasks as dual tube i2, how effective is dual band doing those same tasks?

My experience is based on a Breach and 14 combo. For what you're asking about it is roughly the same as running a single 14. You may even choose to flip the thermal up and out of the way for some things. It does have some marginal usefulness for slow paced navigation, primarily under tree canopy when i2 isn't working so hot, but an IR illuminator would be my choice (I'm not worried about that). The thermal channel becomes extremely useful for spotting animals while hunting.

It's nice to have options. Night range? Driving around? Pop off the thermal and on a second 14. For driving and spotting I wear the Breach around my neck. For hunting spot and stalk style I lean very hard towards the head mounted dual band setup, assuming the terrain is pretty tame. It's nice to know nothing is going to go unspotted.

I need to find someone in the Seattle area that has a setup like this to try... very cool

Thanks for the responses fellas. I was hoping to shortcut the “need” for bino i2 by just adding a quality helmet mounted thermal but I guess there’s no free lunch.

Out of curiosity, with the picture quality being so good on the Nox and ChinaSkeet, what makes it less capable than i2 for moving and shooting? Other than not being able to see lasers (what I figured the i2 would pick up in a dual band setup) is it a refresh rate issue, depth perception, or something else? Haven’t spend any time behind dual band setups so I don’t know what I don’t know.

My experience is based on a Breach and 14 combo. For what you're asking about it is roughly the same as running a single 14. You may even choose to flip the thermal up and out of the way for some things. It does have some marginal usefulness for slow paced navigation, primarily under tree canopy when i2 isn't working so hot, but an IR illuminator would be my choice (I'm not worried about that). The thermal channel becomes extremely useful for spotting animals while hunting.

It's nice to have options. Night range? Driving around? Pop off the thermal and on a second 14. For driving and spotting I wear the Breach around my neck. For hunting spot and stalk style I lean very hard towards the head mounted dual band setup, assuming the terrain is pretty tame. It's nice to know nothing is going to go unspotted.

I only have a 14 at this point so this is what I’ll likely do down the road. Dual 14’s on a bridge for i2 with a Nox that I can interchange for dual band when necessary.