• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BLM land outside of SLC

30calDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
North Idaho
Just moved here to SLC or at least here for awhile. Want to go shoot my guns sometime out in BLM land but couldn't find out where BLM land is. Is their an app for that? Also any good gun ranges in SLC I should go to?

Anything west of grantsville...if you go to far north or south and you see signs us gov property those are bombing ranges and you have gone to far. Lone rock is a fudd war zone be warned.

Definitely be careful with your backstop out there right now

Reactions: 30calDeath
Anything west of grantsville...if you go to far north or south and you see signs us gov property those are bombing ranges and you have gone to far. Lone rock is a fudd war zone be warned.

Definitely be careful with your backstop out there right now
Due to potential fires?

Fudd war zone?

You can look on Google Earth at the roads going off into the mountains, any flat area with garbage is a local yokel shooting spot.

Those mountains outside Grantsville are pretty and a nice place to get away from the ugh of SLC.

Reactions: 30calDeath
First and foremost, go to your nearest BLM office. There is one in almost every town out west. They have maps. Some Forest Service offices also have BLM maps, but I go to both and get all the maps they have. The advantage to going into the office is then you can ask about local closures (fire season) and areas commonly used for shooting. If you go to an area that is not commonly used, PLEASE pick up your crap and as much of your brass as possible. No broken bottles, and left-over targets. I shouldn't have to say that, but still...

First and foremost, go to your nearest BLM office. There is one in almost every town out west. They have maps. Some Forest Service offices also have BLM maps, but I go to both and get all the maps they have. The advantage to going into the office is then you can ask about local closures (fire season) and areas commonly used for shooting. If you go to an area that is not commonly used, PLEASE pick up your crap and as much of your brass as possible. No broken bottles, and left-over targets. I shouldn't have to say that, but still...
Do what I do..... leave the place cleaner than when I arrived.

Simple to do, and not hard to remember either.

I’m an idiot. I had to read a few posts before I realized he wasn’t talking about shooting on Black Lives Matter land.
Thought this was gonna be an entertaining thread at first.

Reactions: TheHorta