• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Blood Diamond

JimT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2004
Sterling, AK
Got it from Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Makes me glad I don't live in Africa. Reminded me of that Bruce Willis flick, can't remember the name.

First movie in quite some time where the actors actually seem like they have a clue how to use a weapon. No Hollywood ready to be seen.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on Leonardo's attempt at a Rhodesian/South African accent.

Re: Blood Diamond

.......takes you guys in alaska a while to get new movies huh?
you wanna know about how he did on the accent, ask Kate McRee.
If you're just getting around to this, and you like seeing de Caprio as an action star, you need to see Body of Lies. Blood Diamond is where Leonardo starts to become a bad ass action star. While I may not comment on his job at a SA accent, he nails the southern US accent in Body of Lies.

I really like the flick, while I am not a Caprio fan and think his world views are off the mark, I think he has become a solid actor. His character in Blood Diamond is supposedly based on a real life soldier person, I think his name is Cobious, Kobus or something and this person trained him in dialect, firearms and how it is done is Africa. From what it is said, Caprio dialect was fairly dead on.

It was not that long ago we in Alaska still had 2-3 week delay in live TV. Just a short time ago Monday Night Football was a 4 hour taped delay! It took a law suit with bar owners Vs ABC for us to get it live! We use to play Stu bucks, while watching the game on tape, we would bet on the next play what would happen with the MC knowing seeing it live. It was fun betting on fumbles, int, TD, winners and the score. At the end, you would cash in your Stu bucks for cash.

Oh well, another change for Alaska to the outside world!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Reminded me of that Bruce Willis flick, can't remember the name.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
" Tears of the Sun"</span>