• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blood Pressure

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
Not asking for medical advice but I have seen threads with covid remedy suggestions other big pharma poison so I am asking the same for BP control.What do you all use that works?

I control mine with prescription, because it works best.
However, I have used hawthorn berry with some success.
I tried it over a month, it helped, but not enough for me.

Stress reduction really makes a difference. The idea that we are supposed to not be stressed about stressful shit is to get us to keep doing others peoples work. Mercilessly cut drama and stress out of your life and your health will improve. People say, “But I need the money”, but dead men don’t need a damn thing anymore. Make your choices accordingly.

Exercise and diet. Really the only thing you can do besides going pharma.
Exercise is not an issue since I have a physically demanding job in the sanitation field.Have not gained or lost a pound since high school and I am now 61. Diet is another issue of course.

I control mine with prescription, because it works best.
However, I have used hawthorn berry with some success.
I tried it over a month, it helped, but not enough for me.
I have tried so many prescription and they all made me feel horrible that I almost couldnt function.

Stress reduction really makes a difference. The idea that we are supposed to not be stressed about stressful shit is to get us to keep doing others peoples work. Mercilessly cut drama and stress out of your life and your health will improve. People say, “But I need the money”, but dead men don’t need a damn thing anymore. Make your choices accordingly.

I haven't found stress to be as big of factor like many make it out to be. Genetics and diet play a bigger role than anything in my opinion. I've been on high blood pressure since I was 23 years old.

In the morning, listen to your favorite music for at least an hour before turning on any news.

Thank you,
MrSmith

I have tried so many prescription and they all made me feel horrible that I almost couldnt function.

It gets better after being on them a while but cutting salt/sodium out of your diet can make a huge difference if you eat a lot processed foods or just like salt. Pay attention to labels and try cutting out sodium to see what happens. Even store bought chicken needs to be soaked to reduced sodium.

It made more of a difference than meds for me but I couldn't stick to it. It made for some pretty bland food.

My former Doc was a Naturopath and he had me taking Carditone. Seemed to work fairly well with no side effects.

My trusted dr told me long ago (verified by another dr as well) that my blood pressure problem was hereditary and I could diet/starve all I wanted but it wouldn't do any good. I also have a salt DEFICIENCY (verified by lab results) and take salt tablets regularly to keep my electrolytes balanced. Sweating like twice as much as most people I know here in La doesn't help. I'm on a mix of atenolol and chlorthalidone for the BP which keeps it near the goal of 120/80.

Reactions: Bender and Bradu
I second the vote on Valsartin. It has helped mine a lot. It would help greatly if l lost some weight, but being a truck driver and not getting enough exercise makes that tough. I have 14 months to retirement, and Ms 502 and I both have plans to get more active.

I second the vote on Valsartin. It has helped mine a lot. It would help greatly if l lost some weight, but being a truck driver and not getting enough exercise makes that tough. I have 14 months to retirement, and Ms 502 and I both have plans to get more active.
Lincoln Hawk always found time to workout while driving truck

Have a reliable blood pressure monitor and know how to use it. Not the complete solution, but "biofeedback", i.e. deep breathing/meditation exercises can help. There are a couple YouTube video's for "sleep talk-down"/self-hypnosis (Michael Sealey/Jason Stephenson) out there worth trying. Also, vagal nerve maneuvers if blood pressure if very high especially if due to strep or pain, of course after discuss this method and safeguards with your personal physician/medical provider.

Last edited:
The first thing you can do is to realize just how sick and twisted your food supply system is, along with how evil the industrial medical complex has become .
You are part of a system that has been designed to keep you right on the edge of being sick and at the doctor all the time along with being prescribed every form of chemical that they can pump into you .
Ohhh wait . This probably won't help with lowering blood pressure so just disregard , after all ignorance is bliss !

Even bottled water has salt added to it. A few don't so check the label
The first thing you can do is to realize just how sick and twisted your food supply system is, along with how evil the industrial medical complex has become .
You are part of a system that has been designed to keep you right on the edge of being sick and at the doctor all the time along with being prescribed every form of chemical that they can pump into you .
Ohhh wait . This probably won't help with lowering blood pressure so just disregard , after all ignorance is bliss !

Eat right (look into paleo)
Sleep right
Exercise
drink water, cool to have a beer or something on the weekend, but otherwise water

Chill, stress is a major factor, sounds like hippy shit, but exercising your issues out is good, as is just taking a walk in the woods and finding once’s center so to speak

Big pharma = doing drugs, I’d say no to that

But if you do want to do drugs for stress and all that, look into micro dosing mushrooms, lots of good data and it’s better than the drugs pharma will try to sell you, plus you don’t end up on a database as a drug user with a Dx code

Personally for me, I never needed to medicate by any means, just walking my stress off in nature was good enough, or working out to exhaustion

Have you seen a doctor? If you are asking here, then something must be of concern enough to make you ask. Do not take it lightly. I did and had "widow maker" heart attack at %100 blockage at 48 years old. I am not overweight and do not smoke. I get plenty of exercise, but it just hit one day.

Luckly I was at hospital already after ambulance ride. Flatlined right after I got there.

You only get one chance with your heart. Take it seriously. Over the counter 12 dollar stuff from Amazon is a very high price to pay if that is the only effort you make, and it goes south.

But yes, healthy diet and exercise helps. Stress (job stress for me) is a statistically major contributor to failing heart health.

No I hear what you are saying which is why I posted to find any viable alternatives to drugs and doctors.

About 8 years ago, I had 5 way bypass WITHOUT having a heart attack. I presented no symptoms and was in pretty decent shape. Docs were amazed. I just knew something was wrong and saw my PCP, he recommended a visit to a cardiologist. I went there and he said he was doing heart caths in a few days and he had an opening and recommend I get one. He said there was some irregularities and he'd feel better if had one. I woke up and the doc said he had good news and bad news for me. The good news is that I wasn't dead, the bad news is I needed surgery.

Do not think you can out do anything happening to your body. It will only get worse. You probably won't receive a miracle and things will go from bad to worse. Don't be a man get that check up. Your life will depend on it.

I would recommend you get the checkup paying cash and not using your real name, if it’s serious come back and use insurance and your real deets

• Haha
Reactions: hino895 and Bradu
Thanks for all the responses and concerns but truth is I had the check up and stress test and all is well EXCEPT the docs say my pressure is a somewhat elevated.As a matter of fact the doc at the stress test couldnt get my heartrate up after quite a while because of the job I have my it seems my heart is in great shape. The pressure isnt red level critical but up from what they say is "normal"This is where they put me on the stuff and I felt worse so I posted to see if there are any viable and sensible alternatives which I see that there are.I know my salt and caffeine need to be reduced and stress levels too but I read some other interesting things I will investigate for myself.

Thanks for all the responses and concerns but truth is I had the check up and stress test and all is well EXCEPT the docs say my pressure is a somewhat elevated. Not red level critical but up from what they say is "normal"This is where they put me on the stuff and I felt worse so I posted to see if there are any viable and sensible alternatives which I see that there are.I know my salt and caffeine need to be reduced and stress levels too but I read some other interesting things I will investigate for myself.

I’d highly recommend ditching the drugs and fixing the problem 🤷‍♂️

I’d highly recommend ditching the drugs and fixing the problem 🤷‍♂️

You use the drugs to supplement your wellbeing until you can get yourself healthy through exercise. Most will have a bad reaction if you are unhealthy and just go from just sitting around to an aggressive exercise program. Wean yourself off of the drugs the healthier you become.

You use the drugs to supplement your wellbeing until you can get yourself healthy through exercise. Most will have a bad reaction if you are unhealthy and just go from just sitting around to an aggressive exercise program. Wean yourself off of the drugs the healthier you become.

Most who get on the drug bandwagon never end up off them and end up with other drugs to counter the side effects from the initial drugs

Getting onto a exercise and real food program often has smaller “side effects” than eating hand fulls of drugs 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: gigamortis
My stepdad was a doctor - he passed away a couple years ago at 85, but that's not the point of this. The point is that he was a doctor in the mid 50s and on. What he told me was that back then blood pressure in the 140/150 range was considered in the NORMAL range. It wasn't a big deal. Then the drug companies got their greasy influence in and started pushing the "normal" range down, thereby requiring more (and more and more) people to be put on blood pressure medicine.

Logically, it is ridiculous to expect everyone to have 120/80 blood pressure. That might be optimum or whatever but unless it's excessive, it's probably not a problem from what he told me.

Yes eat right - most the crap in stores and restaurants will kill you one way or another. Yes get exercise/lose weight.

My stepdad was a doctor - he passed away a couple years ago at 85, but that's not the point of this. The point is that he was a doctor in the mid 50s and on. What he told me was that back then blood pressure in the 140/150 range was considered in the NORMAL range. It wasn't a big deal. Then the drug companies got their greasy influence in and started pushing the "normal" range down, thereby requiring more (and more and more) people to be put on blood pressure medicine.

Logically, it is ridiculous to expect everyone to have 120/80 blood pressure. That might be optimum or whatever but unless it's excessive, it's probably not a problem from what he told me.

Yes eat right - most the crap in stores and restaurants will kill you one way or another. Yes get exercise/lose weight.

True. Only when BP meds came along was anything above 120/80 considered abnormal.

Don't just jump to the conclusion that salt is bad for you. You need salt--in the right amount. Get some blood work done. Everybody's different.

Also, just because the AMA or whatever tells you something is good or bad doesn't make it true. These same MFs are pushing the vax and cutting your kids genitals off. Eggs were killing you , until they weren't. I remember when we were supposed to stop using butter and eat margarine instead, cuz it's better for you than that natural shit. Yeah right. JMO YMMV

Not asking for medical advice but I have seen threads with covid remedy suggestions other big pharma poison so I am asking the same for BP control.What do you all use that works?
Depends on age, activity, diet and how bad your bp is. For me the right combo was lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide.

sodium as cause of HTN is a myth unless you happen to be black. yes a low Na diet is very hard in our world. but,ask any doc who is truthful how many people went on a low Na diet,were able to kept to it and got measurable improvement. the truth will be very few. also,i can assure you that a low Na is a way bigger problem than a high one. but it's usually a pituitary or other neruo issue. a walking around low Na happens but is rare except in high sweat/water loss scenarios. measured serum sodium is a very poor indicator or predictor of HTN and is almost never correlated with HTN. there are several relatively safe and effective meds. renal impairment changes all that and with DM,HTN is the main cause of renal failure. many drugs are much safer than a chronic pressure of 160/90 (150/90?) or so.

Perforate yourself. Done appropriately, a significant decrease in blood pressure follows rapidly.

Reactions: mosin46
The concern is not high blood pressure... The concern is high blood pressure could result in a "Stroke".....
Look around at the people who survived having a stroke. It that is not motivation enough to get your BP down then I don't know what it will take to motivate you.

Look at taking a prescription med as a temporary fix. Get the pressure down ASAP using any means necessary.
After you get it down you can start to experiment with all of the suggestions mentioned previously.

Don't be the "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda" guy who strokes out while trying some home brewed experiment.