• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

blowing off steam at work

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
Several times a week I have to releave some stress so i lock the gate for 45min to an hour. There is a ringer out there if any one shows up but it keeps the range clear. I dont need any one wondering around back there when im blowing off steam.

Pull up a finised granite counter top. I prefer finished because the edges arent all rough. Grab a chair and your off.. its 50 yards to the steel target and I mostly shoot .22 or any one of my 1911's or other hand guns.. Some times I go with a .223 but never larger than that. Back when you could actually buy .22 I would go through 1k a week between my various .22's. now I try to keep it around a few hundred rounds..

I have shot with customers that knew what the hanging steel target was and it has helped me sell a few top's. People that dont know what it is dont even notice it. It's kind of hard not to know what it is the back yard is littered with spent .22 cases and steel .45 cases laying around.

3CM repels .45 10mm .357 even heavy loads for quite a while it took 15 heavy 10mm loads to finaly brake an uba tuba sink cut out.. it does not stand a chance upagenst a rifle round

I have shot 3cm with just about every thing 410 slugs dont break it.. it all bepends on the stone to.. I had some black galixy that took 100 rounds of .45 before it broke

Last edited:
3CM repels .45 10mm .357 even heavy loads for quite a while it took 15 heavy 10mm loads to finaly brake an uba tuba sink cut out.. it does not stand a chance upagenst a rifle round

I have shot 3cm with just about every thing 410 slugs dont break it.. it all bepends on the stone to.. I had some black galixy that took 100 rounds of .45 before it broke

I should thnk it depends largely on the veining. Some of the softer stuff with lots of spidery veins would break much easier than more solid stuff.

That was my next question. Have you made an effort to shoot a piece with a large vein it to see if you could split the vein?

I ask all this because I work for a developer and have been in some heated sub meetings. I am always thinking where to take cover should someone go postal. Now I dont have to wonder anymore. Thank you for that Eli.

Ryan

Last edited:
Hope no one pops around the corner. Unless there is no way to get back there that's a setup for a tragedy. I know I loose some SA while on the scope, there is no way to see if anyone us approaching, and people don't expect bullets to come flying out of open doors. You have probably already considered this but just in case others get ideas...

Hope no one pops around the corner. Unless there is no way to get back there that's a setup for a tragedy. I know I loose some SA while on the scope, there is no way to see if anyone us approaching, and people don't expect bullets to come flying out of open doors. You have probably already considered this but just in case others get ideas...

Thats what backhoes are for.

BTW, Eli, nice stash of granite and marble.

-well as stated I close the gate so to get back there you would have to climb a 7' chainlink fence that has barbed wire on top than walk past the main entrance to the shop and than walk by a 16' wide 20' tall open door where you could clearly see me and hear me shooting my gun. If you do all that and keep going you deserve to get shot.. The fence encases the entire property with one entrence.. if you climb the fence you would be trespassing thats why there is a buzzer there at the gate on top of all that there are about 12 security cameras that can be brought up on my phone so I can see if any one pulls in the lot. The security cameras are there for my protection customers have been killed doing stupid shit in stone yards.

-I have shot all kinds of stones and you would be suprised.. You want to see something get shot tell me what ill see if i can find a piece and make a video.

- hand guns dont stand a chance agenst 3cm of any kind almost all of the fragle stuff is fiberglass backed and even if it does crack the bullet is not getting trouugh. even with a .223 the bullets not getting trough till shot 2 and it would have to be a pretty direct hit on the first shot.. most walls are clad with 2cm thats a diffrent storry. I feel a video coming on.

-those 2 outlest are not the main power sources for the shop I have hanging reals. Every thing is GFI protected the one outlet only ever has the charger for the chordless drill pluged in it ith other is a 3phase that runs a hydraulic polisher

- I have 300 full slabs (ALL PAID FOR!)no credit lines they get a check when the stone lands in the yard. and about as many remanents. I also do corian, butcherblock, sile stone, basically every thing. I'll make you a counter top out of a cow terd if you want it..

Last edited:
Delaware is not the best for guns but its far from the worst the only draw back is no class 3

we have no wait time you can walk out of the store with your AR, AK, Hand gun what ever that day. No restrictions on AR's or other scairry guns. It is no proble to get your carry permit. the only draw back is no supressors or sbr's or full auto.

Long ago when I was still in business we would shoot inside our factory all the time. It was over 100 yds long and we used a full pallet of marble dust as a back stop. Loud to say the least with a 300 WinMag.