• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bludgeoned my Nightforce on concrete

GRIM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Dropped my rifle onto concrete and the first thing that hit was the windage knob of my NF NXS scope. Took it off and going to send it in for service. Man that ruined my day.

Re: Bludgeoned my Nightforce on concrete

Did you check to see if anything was wrong first?

Yeah - shot it on two different rifles that are reliable shooters... rounds were not grouping like they usually do.

Maybe if you changed your screen name ("GRIM"), nicer things would happen to you.

It happens, I dropped a Hensoldt a month or so back, and when I want to catch it, I managed to push it more and increase the velocity it was traveling.

needless to say, I bent a corner of the ocular adjustment a bit so it is not as round any more.

I just brought it to TX and left it on a work rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you changed your screen name, nicer things would happen to you. </div></div>

Oh My GOD! You are SO right! I've never seen the error of my ways for ALL OF THESE YEARS! I had always wondered "WHY - OH WHY has my GOD forsaken me?" whenever something went wrong in my life. Like when my dog died from a piano falling on it & when I missed that steel target at 960 yds in hurricane like winds. It never dawned on me that my screen name had CAUSED ALL OF MY MISFORTUNE!?#@* WOW Thank you One-Eyed Jack - I am SO eternally grateful for your glass of cold water reality in my face, your true honesty has made me see the light of where I strayed off the path of righteousness in life & MOST importantly of choosing a karmic screen name.

With your approval I'll change it to "FluffyPinkBunnySlippers" - would that then change my luck and result in it raining down gold doubloons upon my balding head?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you changed your screen name, nicer things would happen to you. </div></div>

Oh My GOD! You are SO right! I've never seen the error of my ways for ALL OF THESE YEARS! I had always wondered "WHY - OH WHY has my GOD forsaken me?" whenever something went wrong in my life. Like when my dog died from a piano falling on it & when I missed that steel target at 960 yds in hurricane like winds. It never dawned on me that my screen name had CAUSED ALL OF MY MISFORTUNE!?#@* WOW Thank you One-Eyed Jack - I am SO eternally grateful for your glass of cold water reality in my face, your true honesty has made me see the light of where I strayed off the path of righteousness in life & MOST importantly of choosing a karmic screen name.

With your approval I'll change it to "FluffyPinkBunnySlippers" - would that then change my luck and result in it raining down gold doubloons upon my balding head? </div></div>

Dude, he was joking. Calm down.

Don't you dare chenge it to FluffyPinkBunnySlippers! That's what I was going for.
tired.gif

Had to do it GRIM
wink.gif
LOL I will change it back if you don't like it.

Nice!

On a shared misery note-I ran my rifle over with my SUV last month. Had to get the bolt knob fixed but my USO was good to go (same scope I dropped onto its ocular and Erek in granite the first match I had it out at-had to take a wire brush to get the rick out of the ocular's knurling, but it was good to go then too).

I freaking knew it! LOL! I went out to run errands and the thought crossed my mind that a mod might run with that and change it.

Aren't you glad you have Mods that are so sensitive to your feelings,LOL.

Its about time something fun happened around here again.I was starting to miss the NOBODY days.

Don't listen to the fanbois, NF break like everything else. NF or any other scopes were not meant to be abused like that.

Sorry to hear man, I too would be upset if that happened to my NF.

So you like it?
smile.gif

+1 for Rob, hip-hip-hourrray!

Thats funny right there.

Hopefully it will be a smooth turn around in repairing such a misfortune.

"FluffyPinkBunnySlippers" has some really good kharma going for it, keep it!

Thanks for the good laugh Rob. However I asked my wife if she thought "FluffyPinkBunnySlippers" was a good screen name and she said no way. Said that I should try "Dutch Oven" if I wanted to be more factual.

Ok there you go. You're no fun
wink.gif

I half expected to wake up this morning and find my name as Dutch Oven instead.

Nothing wrong with FluffyPinkBunnySlippers - I didn't say to change it back did I? ;-)

Maybe a poll to see what name I should use? (Probably a bad idea with this group but what the heck).

Sent it in for repairs and NF said it's going to be about 4-6 weeks.

Bad Luck!!!!!!

Bought a custom 10/22 clone as a Christmas present off my wife last year, first time a took it out slipped on some ice and snapped the stock in half and scratched all the scope, not even put a round through it.

I know how you feel. I recently dropped one of my 1-4x NXS and it dinged/smashed a corner of the objective. I try to treat the work rifles as best as possible, but if something got smashed/broke I wouldn't worry about it - just go to the armory for a replacement. It's a whole different issue when it's your thousands of dollars getting smashed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wiganbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad Luck!!!!!!

Bought a custom 10/22 clone as a Christmas present off my wife last year, first time a took it out slipped on some ice and snapped the stock in half and scratched all the scope, not even put a round through it. </div></div>

Oh Man - that REALLY stinks too. I also use my gear but don't abuse it but odds are that eventually it will happen.

I keep coming back to read this thread and it just pains me to read it. Very sorry to hear.