• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Blue lock tight

Heat or an ultrasonic cleaner break it down pretty well. It will flake off easily.

Bronze brush works for me. Actually, I don't use Blue LocTite anymore for anything. I've had too many small screws break and the purple LocTite for smaller screws does not seem to hold. I use Vibra-Tite VC3 now for scope and receiver screws and on direct thread barrels for suppressors. It is more of a rubber/plastic compound that you apply, let dry 10-20 minutes and do your assembly. Don't over do it or you will have to brush some of it out of the threads. I find it makes a very snug fit that withstands heavy vibration and the parts can be taken off and reused 3 or more times without having to reapply. I use it for everything from 10-22 rail mounts to scope screws on .338 Lapua.

Reactions: Vinvan406
S
Bronze brush works for me. Actually, I don't use Blue LocTite anymore for anything. I've had too many small screws break and the purple LocTite for smaller screws does not seem to hold. I use Vibra-Tite VC3 now for scope and receiver screws and on direct thread barrels for suppressors. It is more of a rubber/plastic compound that you apply, let dry 10-20 minutes and do your assembly. Don't over do it or you will have to brush some of it out of the threads. I find it makes a very snug fit that withstands heavy vibration and the parts can be taken off and reused 3 or more times without having to reapply. I use it for everything from 10-22 rail mounts to scope screws on .338 Lapua.

Second this.
I just received an ADM Delta mount and it came with a small envelope of Vibra-Tite VC3.
The envelopes are a PITA to use, so I bought a small bottle of it several years ago. One bottle is pretty much a lifetime supply.
I use it exclusively on optic mounts, light mounts, pretty much anything that I bolt to a rifle.

Reactions: BenjaminMartin6.5
Thanks I’ll have to try that. It seems better than BLT. Always improving.

I use blue loktite on everything but my cock. As long as you don't have small man syndrome it comes off fine. The more experience you have in you wrist torquing small bolts the less you need a torque wrench and your guns will thank you. You can actually read if the bolt was torqued too tight by measuring length with calipers.

When using Loctite it decreases the amount of torque needed. For smaller screws it's more impressive. I don't use it for small screws on rings but do use it on bases and one piece mounts. Basically I do whatever the mfg. recommends (unless I consider myself the authority!).

Wanna say blue Loctite reduces 16in.lbs. to 12 but I could be wrong about that. That's 25% more torque though so yeah, it'll cause a problem.

I clean it off with a brush and a dental pick but if you put a little heat on it, it'll wipe off like a gummy surface. I bet acetone would literally just wipe it right off if it was warmed up.

Reactions: CJS-6.5
It's almost always on Amazon and eBay for you folks lucky enough to get haz-mat by ground UPS. Lately I've been ordering it through our local Grainger store.

Thanks George, I had my wife piggy back a tube of the vibra-tite with one of her prime orders. With four years living in Fairbanks, it was the only other place beside Wyoming we thought about retiring. I still dream of King Salmon steaks off the grill.