• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Blue locktite

Try a soldering iron right on the head of the fastener or a hair dryer on high before open flame.

I agree with this. I usually do a dryer on high or heat gun on low for blue. Normally that'll free it up without doing anything excessive. Red is a different story.

What is the best way to break free something with blue locktite? Heat or solvent???

All of the above are solid options. One trick that I use is a cheap bit that fits my fastener. I hold it in the fastener and hit the bit only with a propane torch. That heat travels through the bit into the fastener only.

All of the above are solid options. One trick that I use is a cheap bit that fits my fastener. I hold it in the fastener and hit the bit only with a propane torch. That heat travels through the bit into the fastener only.
That’s a great idea, I’ll have to remember that. This is on the threaded tube for the stock but had quite a bit on the fasteners. Thanks again.

That’s a great idea, I’ll have to remember that. This is on the threaded tube for the stock but had quite a bit on the fasteners. Thanks again.
I have lot's of experience Dicking things up and then trying to Undick them. LOL.