• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blue Print Companies

sherlok

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2004
East Texas
www.oldhomes4sale.com
I'm looking for a factory replacement 700 bolt in .223. Are there some companies who throw these things away when blueprinting actions. I know some sell pull off virtually brand new barrels.

I realize that it will have to be fitted, but I can just imagine what Remington will charge me for a replacement. I trying to weigh my options.

Thanks,
Sherlok

Re: Blue Print Companies

PTG is a very nice bolt. But if your going that route you should also note instead of fitting the bolt to your action, you will need to have your entire action trued. Which will give you greater accuracy. You will spend anywhere from 350-500 dollars in that process depending on what smith you use. that price should include the cost of the PTG bolt.

good luck

Re: Blue Print Companies

Not at all. Makes it alot better than it was when it was new. Short of finding a used SA 700 and taking the bolt from it thats your best option. What happend to the original bolt in the first place.