• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blue Steel Safari?

dirkreader

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2004
Texas
Zak,

Have dates been selected for Blue Steel 2010? I would have sent you a PM, but you are over your limit!

Thanks

Re: Blue Steel Safari?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTT</div></div>

what he said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would have sent you a PM, but you are over your limit!</div></div>

Try sending him an email instead or maybe calling him.

If you need to get a hold of me, please email me - it's the best way. I often miss forum posts simply because I don't have the time to read much on the forums these days-- I have lots of irons in the fire.

Anyway, the 2010 Steel Safari is on. We'll have the dates finalized soon. The general pattern is: application online around the 1st of the year; match first half of June.

For this year, we'll have the application posted by Monday 4 Jan, 2010. I'll also post a link here on SH.

thanks
-z

I hope the dates get moved forward or back one week. The kids ballet recital is getting in the way again....

kids ballet, my &*^% !

What you do in a tutu in the privacy of privacy of your own home is one thing. But to blame it on your children. Well.....

Just got the match anouncment email . the dates are on the website .

I received the e-mail today as well. Count me in. What a great friggin competition. Hard as hell, but still an great match. Gonna shoot a .260 this time though.

This is only a 3 1/2 hr. drive. What type of experience level is needed for this match? I'd like to give it a go regardless.

Monger, it is a great match. I shot it about five years in a row. I can't make it this year but if you have a solid rifle with dope and are in decent physical condition you should go do this match. I guarantee it will tell you things that you need to work on. Now go sign up for it!

Shit. That is the weekend before the Sportsmans Team Challenge Nationals.

Looks like Dowd and I have a decision to make... Logan is a nicer drive than San Antonio though. But San Antonio has better food. Shit.

Monger,

There are prior year match reports on the match web site going back to 2006. Those, along with the match description and purpose, should give you a really good idea what to expect.

This is not a good match for a first-time long-range shooter. If you can hit targets every 50 from 100 to 800 on the KD range in good condition, it would not be a waste of time-- it'd whet your apetite for field/practical LR shooting. This match is won on the shooting, but it can be lost as the heat and mild but steady physical exertion takes its toll.

hope this helps
Zak