• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bluetooth Electronic Earplugs, Feedback Wanted.

McNamara0851

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014

I’ve been wanting a set of passive earplugs with Bluetooth to wear while night calling as well as on the farm. I wear earbuds every single day, so I don’t mind spending a little money on them. I ordered a set of these GS Extremes today, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with them. They won’t ship until the 25th, so I have time to upgrade the order to their higher end pairs, or go a different route. Just looking for some feedback. Also curious to see if anyone has a different pair that meet the same criteria, that have been worth the money. What’s everyone using for Bluetooth ear plugs?

I have no experience with any of the in ear stuff, Id rather spend my money on powder and bullets. Those look like a good options though from what I've looked into, not a bad price for what youre getting. I'd definitely go with one of the ear hook versions.

Electronics are fine for a few shots here and there. They don't react quick enough for long range days.

I wear electronic muffs over plugs or I can feel it. Only exception is shooting suppressed that's already borderline hearing safe.

One of the guys I hunt with will dump a mag on a coyote, but for the most part it will be a few shots per set. Just need something to take the edge off, especially when we get shots that put your ear right up against the other guys barrel. I intend to use my muffs for matches, they kind of suck to deal with at night when it’s 0 degrees. Main thing is that I get some sound suppression and maintain my ability to hear my partner and the coyotes. Their primary use will be on the farm as my earbuds, so if the Bluetooth aspect sucks dick, then I’d rather pass on them, and just use my walkers for hunting and get some bad ass beats by dre for the tractor and mower.

Mine arrived today. Crackled when wires move, back to Axil for them to look at. Will let you know what they say.

Yeah, these things suck dick for coke. Their customer service has been very responsive so far. Hopefully that doesn’t change. Here’s a small list of annoyances that I noticed. I just figured they’d be a little better quality for the $137 shipped. I’m going back to amazon bluetooth ear buds and walkers.

Attachments

• 16AC634E-E7BF-4844-AC83-9E480A593548.png
    16AC634E-E7BF-4844-AC83-9E480A593548.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 48
Got my replacements Friday. Good news first: no crackling on new set, pair easy, good blue tooth volume all seemed good. Tried them at a match Saturday and either I was doing something wrong or they have a much lower effective DB than my Otto’s. Rifles under a foam sprayed cover were uncomfortable, with my Otto’s there is no problem. I didn’t want to pull them out and fiddle with all the noise. I will try playing with the plus/minus on the controls Wednesday but at this point pretty disappointed.

I am either going to splurge a little and try the Otto Noizebarriers or go a little cheaper and try the Peltor EEP-100s. I usually shoot suppressed but occasionally shoot with people who don't.