• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bluetooth integration for most scope brands?

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
SIG/Sauer's newest Sierra 6 BDX (Ballistic Data eXchange rifle scopes can give us accurate lighted elevation dots (145 dots!). And 47 horizontal windage dots on the horizontal reticle, but not inside the "Xmas tree". All this can come from Bluetooth enabled monocular or binocular rangefinders and a Kestrel 5700. Your exact rifle/cartridge data are input into the scope via bluetooth from your SIG smartphone app.
PLUS SIG's "Level Plex" lighted level indicators at each end of the horizontal crosshair are extremely helpful and far better than a bubble level.

This amount of nearly instant firing solutions is even better than the current Burris Eliminator III rifle scope, and with far more exactitude since a lot of ballistic data can be crunched by the scope/rangefinder/Kestrel interface.

Many of us who are aware of the Sierra 6 BDX capabilities may wonder, how long will it be before other major - and much older - scope brands will have scopes that can do this?

Yeah, my current hunting setup on a 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro using my Bushnell SRC 1 Mile rangefinder 10 x 42 binoculars can give me a "ballpark" hold over and my Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope with its FFP G3 mil reticle is fine, especially if illuminated while aiming at game in shadows or very overcast days. But it relies on a VERY limited ballistic "library" in the binoculars for a hold that is better than guesstimation but not great so I trued it at my range and the holds are in a Vortex scope cap liner. And I have to hope my wind guess is good too. As for level? I have a bubble in the top rear ring of my Talley scope rings.

I'd like to change over to the BDX system but with a scope with better glass than the Sierra 6 series. Then I could use my Kestrel 5700 with that setup if there was time.

Last edited:
Spoken like a true Luddite Chevy. But don't go smashing' anybody's Kestrel 5700s yet.

All I'm saying is "science marches on" and we will very likely will see more of this as we do already in SIG, Bushnell and Horus Vision and probably soon Burris Eliminator III with Bluetooth connectivity.

I train as much as my wallet and the limited supply of my favorite powder, brass and primers let me. And you?

If you don't mind giving up your first born, Steiner has had this on their IFS system for years. It is over $15k for the binos and scope, but the binos can read close to 10k meters and the glass is immaculate. For fun I like putting the system on a low end AR and taking it out to a public range and shooting steel cased ammo to get really weird looks.

Reactions: chase723
Spoken like a true Luddite Chevy. But don't go smashing' anybody's Kestrel 5700s yet.

All I'm saying is "science marches on" and we will very likely will see more of this as we do already in SIG, Bushnell and Horus Vision and probably soon Burris Eliminator III with Bluetooth connectivity.

I train as much as my wallet and the limited supply of my favorite powder, brass and primers let me. And you?

When they bring it into a normal sized reticle with the ability to put a pin anywhere on the scope I'll look at it.

Until then, I'll keep shooting with simple printed drop tables and tried and true dope.

I'm the type to range objects, and not necessarily the animal. I'd have missed many opportunities waiting on the electronics.

Range is 10 minutes from my house. I'm there at least 3 days a week. I had a good amount of stock, haven't had to pay panic prices to keep shooting.

If you don't mind giving up your first born, Steiner has had this on their IFS system for years. It is over $15k for the binos and scope, but the binos can read close to 10k meters and the glass is immaculate. For fun I like putting the system on a low end AR and taking it out to a public range and shooting steel cased ammo to get really weird looks.
What I really want to see is two things. Something like the IFS that integrates with a rifle mounted LRF like wilcox raptor with a tape swtich for solo use and trijjicon ventus for spotter/shooter. Combine that with a high end thermal or NVG clip on and you got a game changer.

Really you would only need the raptar to talk to the IFS because it has everything self contained balstically, once you get the range.

Reactions: deersniper