• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blurry reticle on 1-6 strike Eagle

nagantguy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020
So I guess I hadn’t noticed it before - or at least not to this degree- shooting today with a 1-6 strike Eagle from vortex and the sight picture kinda blitz out-fisheye kinda looking - did such at all magnification settings and none of the other optics including the 1-8 strike Eagle did anything similar so I’m ruling out my eyes going south, I’d have to move my eye off the reticle and then look again - very frustrating I’ve read a few places complaints of “fisheye” in these vortex optics but hadn’t experienced it before. Did it with lens caps on and off. Anyone else have this problem- almost like looking into water or heat mirage.

Did you try adjusting the eyepiece focus by chance?

I’m seeing more and more shooters who are unaware that the eyepiece focus is even there, especially as a lot of people add flip caps to their optics right out of the gate.

Yes tried focusing the eye piece . And slightly different amounts of eye relief- thinking as I have about 6 months to big game season I’ll send it in to vortex- just laying around with it after cleaning it just isn’t working how it has for the last 6 months or so.

Yes tried focusing the eye piece . And slightly different amounts of eye relief- thinking as I have about 6 months to big game season I’ll send it in to vortex- just laying around with it after cleaning it just isn’t working how it has for the last 6 months or so.
Oh, if it worked before but doesn’t now then yeah, send it back. I thought you meant you just got it and it wasn’t like your other scopes.