• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BnA Tac sport pro questions

thelaststraw

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2020
SW Louisiana
I had to disassemble my trigger because I was a caveman and had to do surgery on it. Upon reassembly I discovered that a pin or something was filling the hole to make a seat or shelf for my top sear spring to sit on. Either that or I'm missing something else because the spring drops into the hole and provides no return on the top sear. Any ideas what I'm missing? I'll give Bullet Central a call tomorrow if not.

The other question is about the smaller ball (green in pic). I see no mention of that anywhere in web hunts and it was in the corresponding location when I got the cover undone. Does that look like the correct location if anyone knows.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_174509020~2.jpg
    IMG_20220921_174509020~2.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 61
I’ve got a couple of those triggers and they’re awesome. Go look up their YouTube vids. Maybe you can glean some info off there.

Sorry I can’t help more but I’ve disassembled a Tacsport Pro once to swap out a high sear for a low sear. I sweated enough to not want to open one up again unless I really had to.

Here are some links:

The tiny green ball bearing and spring go in the hole in the side of the trigger shoe and press against the cover. They aren’t essential and the early models didn’t have it which is why you don’t see it in old documentation.

The two larger ball bearings just go in the empty space. Looks like you may be missing the seat spring?

Ahhh, I appreciate it. I guess the sear spring took a trip across the room. At least I know what I'm looking for. When I changed sears it was uneventful. The full disassembly was another story. Thanks

Reactions: carbonbased
I appreciate it. The ball ended up by the bigger two when separating the face. My bigger problem is the top sear spring that went into orbit and I'm ready to snap looking for the damn thing. I'll call in the morning and hopefully they can get one coming my way. I'll also do some digging to see what I can find that may fit.

At this point I'll buy a new damn trigger before I spend another second going through bins of brass looking for it in each case.

I appreciate it. The ball ended up by the bigger two when separating the face. My bigger problem is the top sear spring that went into orbit and I'm ready to snap looking for the damn thing. I'll call in the morning and hopefully they can get one coming my way. I'll also do some digging to see what I can find that may fit.

At this point I'll buy a new damn trigger before I spend another second going through bins of brass looking for it in each case.
At the price that these things go for Bullet Central will go the extra mile for you. If you ask nicely and assuming you bought from Bullet Central, I’ll bet they’d let you ship it back to them and they would put it back together (adding whatever random missing parts).

There might be a small fee for missing parts and maybe a service fee, but they are really nice.

That hunting-for-tiny-spring-thing gets old SO fast! I turn into the dad in A Christmas Story when he works in the furnace in the basement.

“Friggereddy fraggle blip bloooper manghangler!”

Reactions: Changed and Dawhit
The reason for the small spring and ball bearing in the trigger shoe is that there were some complaints that the trigger shoe had side to side play when it was handled so they drilled a hole in the shoe and put a spring and ball in it to eliminate the possibility of side to side movement.

I was not able to feel any significant side to side play with or without the spring and ball when I changed my
shoe from the one with the spring to the one without it.

Edit: Oh yea, never take the safety lever off because there is a spring washer under it and it is a BITCH to get it the c-clip back on. You need an arbor press to hold everything down while you put the c-clip back on.

Last edited:
There was very minor movement in mine but nothing really bothersome. The spring does remove it nicely after closing it up.

I'm rather frustrated right now, I was too focused on one problem and created another. I already changed the sear for my Archimedes and did a full disassembly first thing to familiarize myself with it. It's not difficult to work on, but I got stupid for a second and launched the sear spring after deburring a pin hole.

Send it back to Bullet Central. I had a trigger that wouldn't reset the sear once installed. They repaired it very quickly and its been reliable since.

The trigger functioned fine, the issue was a burr in the rear hole to mount on the action. My neanderthal side figured I could just 'tap' it through the burr. Well a few taps turned into blows and it got stuck.

I took it out to clean it up but got ithe pin stuck worse outside the action and had to drill a relief hole down the center of the pin to remove it. This is where the disassembly and lost sear spring came from.