• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bobby Hart LTR Laminated Heavy Barrel Riflestocks

camocorvette

Send it
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2010
    Minnesota
    what are your thoughts or any experience with these?

pict013mm.jpg

I want to get the Birch ( 3rd from the top) or maybe the orange or the red if im feeling crazy. and I'm not interested because it says "Long Range" I just think they are good looking

Would be going on a Remington 700 SPS Varmit BBL 308. Figure if I put pillars and glass bed it. I would have better accuracy than that factory stock.

I know its not the same as a manners or a mcmillian or a hogue, or anything of that like. but i want something different..

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these or any thoughts you might have.

heres a link to the site its stockys: Stockys

Re: Bobby Hart LTR Laminated Heavy Barrel Riflestocks

I've been wondering about this myself. Pillar bedded.

Have you or anyone else done anything about this? It would even be possible to put an adjustable cheekpiece on it. And the wood is there to carve out a butt hook if desired.

Stockys currently has them on sale for $200.00.

I'd be interested in the top brown/brown or the fourth down "Timber" Olive/brown/gray

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthTexasHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been wondering about this myself. Pillar bedded.

Have you or anyone else done anything about this? It would even be possible to put an adjustable cheekpiece on it. And the wood is there to carve out a butt hook if desired.

Stockys currently has them on sale for $200.00.

I'd be interested in the top brown/brown or the fourth down "Timber" Olive/brown/gray </div></div>

Or you could go with the orginal Joel Russo!
    IMG_1624.jpg

Joel Can install adjustable hardware as well!
    DSC_0428.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Or you could go with the orginal Joel Russo!

Joel can install adjustable hardware as well!
    </div></div>

Thanks for posting those pictures. The one with hardware looks really nice and right down the alley of what I'm thinking for my 5R.

I know the plastic stocks are functional, but the good ones are pricey and don't have the aesthetics of wood. If maximum performance were the goal, I'd go AI AW, or AICS, but there is no way spending that kind of money will ever make sense for this sixty-five year old's skill now or in the future. Especially since I know where there is a NM M1A.

But, I'm not happy with the factory stock on my 5R.

I finally went for it and bought the birch stock. But... im still in Iraq so I have no idea how it fits or feels. I paid an extra $99 to get it pillar bedded and plan on glass bedding the stock as well.

Willys 46, who and where did you get the adjustable cheek hardware? i plan on having that done to the stock as well.

all in all i think i will be happy.

stockysstocks.com is where i found it and im not sure if this stock is available for winchesters..

Joel installed the hardware for me. I have no idea what kind it is, he orders them.

Installing it looks like it would be a pain to do right. If your going to install it later, i would get it unfinished, because the stock will have to be refinished after the cuts and milling is done.

Here is a thread with links to adjustable cheek piece hardware.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1867676#Post1867676

I plan to get the stock first and see if I think I really need an adjustaqble cheekpiece.

If so, I'm thinking about getting one of the kits and trying to install it on a 2x4 block of wood to get experience. Then decide whether to dive into installing it myself on my stock or paying someone else to do so.

Search Stocky's stocks here on the hide. There' been some dis-satisfaction.

FWIW, I have a Remmy 700 Varmint Laminated Stock with a glass-bedded action and free-floated barrel in .223 that shoots every bit as good as my other factory barreled .223s using McM and HS Precision stocks (usually 1/2" or better @ 100 yds. for 5 rds with handloads and some factory loads).

Free float the barrel, tune the trigger and pillar bed it and you should be good to go in my opinion.

Attractive laminated stocks like those shown get a lot of attention at the range too. Many folks assume it is a full custom with a stock like that. Of course it's up to you to make it shoot like one.

Is it me or do those stocks look like an exact copy of B&C A2's with the edges rounded off?

4807_214088485295_847625295_7246092_4200118_n.jpg

I really like that blue stock BigBlack. I think that color scheme would look great on a blued Marlin guide gun or equivalent.