• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bobcat Pistol Kill

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Have bobcats show up on camera every once in a while, but hadn't seen one in the wild here on the ranch lately.

This fellow actually was about to let me walk by him at about 15 yards when I was checking a swamp hole for hog sign.

He flinched, then stayed still. The greenbriars were THICK but I managed to thread a .40 round through them well enough to anchor him. Shot two was swallowed by the brush, but the third shot was the charm right through the heart.

Pelt is a little damaged on the other side, but he'll make a good mount for the top of a bookcase.
    20191119_085959.jpg

Nice cat! I took one years a go w a 1911 in 45 SUPER DUPER ( my version of mid level 460 Rowland in 45 Super brass)

We seem to have a lot of cats around here in texas with a few coyotes. I've never taken anything with my handgun but shot a yote yesterday around 540am @ 31 yards and juat saw the dirt under him splash right onto it's face. Maybe one day I'll get a handgun predator kill like you. Congrats on it!!! ?

Steady sticks works good

Don't mind the clutter wife was cleaning behind the couch lol