• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BobinNC convinced me on the 4200 3-12x44mm FFP

Snakum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Sandhills
I've had all sorts of issues getting the new rifle together. It took two orders to finally get a Savage FCP-K on the way. Then an order confirmation from a tactical supply (not a vendor here) for another Harris and a rear bag never appeared. Then a new ammo vendor (for me) seems to have decided they'll send my ammo whenever they feel like it despite me calling to verify in stock and will ship asap. Then today I get the Bushnell 3200 10x and my EGW 20MOA base and EGW only packaged 3 screws. I can't win.

So I ordered my bipod and bag from Triad Tactical and it's on the way. Ordered HSM ammo from Mel at SC and it's on the way. And from SWFA I ordered the Elite 4200 3-12x44mm FFP he recommended. SWFA actually beat the best price I could find and says it'll be here in three business days. Good guys here!

Also ... I slammed the Bushy 3200 10x because the only other one I'd seen was cloudy at the edges. But the one I got today was amazingly bright and clear. When the 4200 gets in the 10x will move to my Marlin scout rifle, and it'll be used for ranging for my shooter in competitions.

Re: BobinNC convinced me on the 4200 3-12x44mm FFP

Man you are having a run of bad luck. I hope now everything works out for you.

Triad Tactical, Mele, and SWFA, are all outstanding vendors. And now that you put my Hide name in your post, I hope the Bushy 3-12 works out exceeding great for you........
smile.gif

Bob

I have no doubt it will be excellent.

The FFP will make it easier for my shooter to range since he's just now learning mildots, the 44mm objective will be nice for those early mornings and early evenings, and the FCP-K is still light enough that I can hike with it in the Fall, so having a 3x setting will let me better scan the wood line behind the bean fields. It seemed like a do-it-all scope to me.

Now if I could just figure out setting elevation by mils instead of clicks.
laugh.gif

(That was a joke)

Well ... SWFA certainly rocks hard. I ordered this thing less than 24 hours ago, iirc, and it was dropped off this afternoon with extras in the box. Pretty awesome service!

Oh, and the scope is pretty cool, too. :p

Love the scope ... just got back from the field. Clear as a bell, plenty of light as it got darker, excellent turrets - I was dead on my dope table all the way to 400 yards. I mean right on the 2"x2" square all the way out. No bleeding on the illumination. Very solid all the way around. Thanks for the advice.