• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bobro dual lever Mount as a dedicated Mount

Earl_Wars

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2013
Hello all,

I just received my JP LRP-07 and am looking for a mount for my Bushnell XRS. This will be a dedicated scope to this rifle and consequently I was initially looking for a bolt-on mount; but I have heard so many good things about Bobro lever mounts I was wondering if I would be losing anything by using one as a dedicated mount (especially for a long range precision setup).

My other considerations are the Badger 34mm 20 moa Unimount and similar Nightforce Unimount (both of these are bolt-on. I also don't know if it will be difficult to achieve the proper eye relief with the Badger mount because there is no cantilever - but along that same note, is there any evidence that a cantilever is worse for long range precision because it might be more prone to flex because the rings have less support.

Any advice or guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I use Knights Armament mounts and really like them. They have 20 MOA built into the mount and are bolt on style but extremely solid. You might want to look at GDI mounts for the quick release style, I have never used them but plan to try one out soon. They are hard to find, try Euro Optic or CS Tactical. Not sure on the bobro.

The Bobro will serve you just fine. I use one on my Larue OBR with a S&B 5-25x56mm... never have had any problems.

I also use a bobro with a bushnell xrs!

I swap between my hk mr762 and my AIAX in 260 remington.

I have it zeroed to my Aiax and when I switch to my hk I have to dial up 5.9 and left 3.2 for that zero.

Bobro claims .1 mil shift when switching but honestly I haven't found any. If I take it off my Aiax and put it right back on, the first round impacts slightly low sometimes but it's spot on after. (Could be me not placing properly).

All in all very happy with my
Bobro mount. Andrew makes a top notch mount for a good price .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id go Spuhr or JP if you dont need the QD levers and extra weight

+1

Bobro makes fantastic mounts as long as they fit your application (as far as weight is concerned). I run 3: 30mm dual lever with 0 MOA, 34mm dual lever with 20 MOA, and a 34mm with 30 MOA. My scopes go on and come off on a regular basis for product demos and whatnot and I have not seen any shift in zero. In addition, the locking mechanism is second to none in terms of simplicity and rigidity.