• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bobro mounts vs Nightforce vs JP

355sigfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2004
Alaska
Go back about 2 months and I got back from GA from the new Ft. Benning 3 gun match and checked my zero on my JP with the Swarovski and a Warne Skel mount. My zero had shifted 2 moa at 100 yards. 2 full inches to the right. I thought it must have been bad baggage handling and did not pay much attention. Now today with my Nordic build with a Warne mount and a Vortex 1-6 right in the middle of a practice stage I had set up with a friend I stopped being able to hit. I noticed which target it was on even. After the stage I checked zero and I was hitting about 1 inch to the right and about and inch and a half low. I checked the torque on the screws and I will have my friend check the torque on the cross bolts tomorrow. It could be the scopes I suppose and it could be something with the rifles. But I am concerned and have lost some confidence. Back when I was running Larue mounts I never lost zero even when removing the scope and putting it back on. I like everything else about the SKEL mount but needless to say I am concerned. Has anyone else had this issue with their Skel or ramp mounts from Warne?
Anyway I am thinking hard about either going with Bobro QD mounts or Nightforce Uni mount or the JP AR mount. I have a JP mount on another rifle and its been fine so far. A friend of mine is pushing me towards the night force mounts and I like the low weight. I miss QD somewhat is why I was considering Bobro. Your guy's imput is appreciated.

Pat

All my research led me to bobro and aadmount. I only went with bobro because of the quick detach. People around here seem to regard them highly. My gunsmith did as well. He liked them over larue. Aadmount looks incredible and is supposed to be fairly fast to remove as well. Just my .02

If you want a rock solid mount and require the QD feature, the BOBRO mount is the best one I've gotten to use so far, I will be buying more of them in the future for setups requiring a QD feature.

Bobro all the way. I have had AD, LT and Bobro and Bobo for sure. Specially now that the nuts are accessible from the top compared to before its a no brainer.

If you have a 34mm tube, get the Trijicon 34mm mount. They contract Bobro to make their mounts and its around $50 less for the same mount as Bobro.

I run a Spuhr mount on my 3gun rifle. Its seen some good abuse and has travelled across the country more than once without any issue. Sure, its not a QD mount, but seems to hold zero at least as well as the QD mount when removing and putting back on.

Bobro for QD, Aadmount for non-QD unless it's a 34mm main tube, then a Spuhr (pricey alternative) or an AI (half price of the Spuhr no frills).
Why not Aadland for 34mm? Because it requires a 35mm mount and shims. I hate shims.

Went with Bobro and sighted the guns in this morning with the new mounts. Really impressed with these so far. Love how easy they were to mount and level. Thanks for the recommendation guys.
Pat