• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Body Armor Recommendations

UFhockey8

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2021
Los Angeles
Hi all,

Looking at getting my first set of plates, looking for level IV. I’ve seen videos on a few different kinds, RMA level IV multicurve seems to have the least back face deformation.
Obviously if money was no issue, Safelite’s FRAS is incredible.
I’m rocking a Spartan Armor Systems lightweight cyclone sentry plate carrier (which is actually made by condor).

Any recommendations on what everyone likes or has experience with is appreciated.

AR500 has level IV standalone ceramic plates on sale right now and comes with choice of free carriers. 398.00 I think, hard deal to beat. Their carriers are nice and very well made.

Chase Tactical multicurve ceramics. Level 4 NIj protection. In a Mayflower carrier. Hard to beat for the money.

Why don’t you wait for the set you already paid for to pop up on eBay with free shipping from afgana…. Too soon?

Up grading from level III+ front and back and Level III side hard plates to possibly this, all around in a LBT 6094A. I'm getting too old to carry this heavy s-it around all day. Anyone have experience with these guy's? https://tacticalscorpiongear.com/ta...ethylene-curve-body-armor-10x12-modified.html. Thanks

Yes, I have HESSCO shooter cut level IVs and they come in at 18# in a First Spear Minimalist. For a light ammo load, etc these are Ok but if I have to do a a full load out it’s way to damn heavy for my ass these days so I did a lot of research and went with Tactical Scorpion Large SAPI Level III+ In a Velocity Systems swift clip. Even with a full load in a Mayflower Gen IV placard it’s about the same weight and about as comfortable a PC I’ve worn. I put some HSGI pads on the shoulder and I really like it.

I like that they are buoyant, as we have a lot of water here. Are they as good as level IV duritium? Probably not, but they are a nice compromise for someone who doesn’t do this shit for a living IMO.

Edit: curious about the NIJ rating not cert. Hmm. Guess if I upgrade down the road I’ll shoot these fuckers up and see how they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: canman
Hesco.. I'd look at the 3810... they are III+... they cover most threats you might see CONUS...

Don't go cheap on something that is life saving equipment.

Up grading from level III+ front and back and Level III side hard plates to possibly this, all around in a LBT 6094A. I'm getting too old to carry this heavy s-it around all day. Anyone have experience with these guy's? https://tacticalscorpiongear.com/ta...ethylene-curve-body-armor-10x12-modified.html. Thanks
Yup, I have some and I like them a lot. Weight is a big factor for me. A buddy who uses them for work turned me on to them. There's some YouTube tests that have been done on them as well that put them well beyo d what they are" rated for " and they fit and wear well, and don't have big foam edges that make up good amount of the peremeter of the plate like some others do. Hard to beat for price and weight and I found the company to be very helpful also.