• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

body mechanics and stock/chassis choice

Jackomason

Poop-smith aka "Turd Herder"
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Westcliffe Colorado
I'm trying to help my friend build a new hunting rifle. the idea is a light weight build that would extend his capabilities.

I took him out shooting yesterday and was a little surprised. I know my rifle doesnt fit everyone else but heres what happened. he got down in the prone and I got him all squared up. he goes from looking like an average dude to having like a 2" neck. his eye relief must have been about double (5"-6") and his face was at the back of the riser.

could this be from an earlier injury? could this be how he sets up behind his 300wm? I don't know.

we got him off his belly and this helped a little but it was still obvious.

so. what can be done? would raising the butt pad help? or length of pull? any chassis or stocks youd consider for a hunting rifle with adjustability?

The same thing happens to me when I get behind various friends rifles. I'm basically at the back of the cheek piece and can only barely see a little bit through the scope but its basically a huge black ring

Simply the scope and rifle just isn't set up for him

Not necessarily an injury. Just different face shape and he needs a rifle to be adjusted for him

ok, brought it into work today and we are going to try messing with it and getting it to fit him. if it doesnt work, ill be back with pictures haha..