• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Bog Death Grip Tripod Ball head conversion kit

Would you be interested in a ball head kit for the bog deathgrip tripod?

• Yes for between $100-200

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Yes for less than $100

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck no and your 3D printed shit you sell sucks too

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
I know the Bog tripod is somewhat popular on the budget options. I wanted to gauge interest in a possible conversion kit to turn it into a ball head with the death grip like shown in the image. The idea is you buy the kit that comes with everything and just replace a few parts and you then have a ball head option. If there is any interest at all obviously it wouldn't be for a kit that cost $400 so I am trying to keep a budget option but equal quality to the original tripod.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0542.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0542.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,074
Reactions: boatmanxxx
So would the “kit” include the ball head or just the means to mount a ball head?
It would include the ball head.
This is what it would contain most likely. Ill probably do two different priced kits. Difference being quality of the ball head.

• The ball head unit itself fully functional and assembled
  • 3/8-16 bolt for mounting it to the bog using existing hardware
  • Replacement center bushing (The current one can be modified but it requires a large drill bit and not everyone is capable)
  • Attachment bracket (bracket to attach to bog death grip and then the bracket is what hooks into new ball head via standard dovetail).
  • possible extra bracket for user to customize if they have something else they wan to mount.
  • Instructions on how to assemble.

Reactions: slayer_21420
You can already get a bog ball head…
If that is the one from BOG themselves I was advised it was for camera (items less than 8 LBS) purposes only from one of their representatives. If that's not the case anymore I appreciate the feedback. If it is meant for cameras but it seems to work then great. I wanted to offer something very robust, meant to handle the normal 12-20lb rifles.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
It would include the ball head.
This is what it would contain most likely. Ill probably do two different priced kits. Difference being quality of the ball head.

• The ball head unit itself fully functional and assembled
  • 3/8-16 bolt for mounting it to the bog using existing hardware
  • Replacement center bushing (The current one can be modified but it requires a large drill bit and not everyone is capable)
  • Attachment bracket (bracket to attach to bog death grip and then the bracket is what hooks into new ball head via standard dovetail).
  • possible extra bracket for user to customize if they have something else they wan to mount.
  • Instructions on how to assemble.
This sounds great. I need extra height too. How much taller is it with the ball head? I’m 6’2” and am usually using the tripod in snow so it sinks all the way down while I’m a few inches taller. My back really pays by the end of the night scanning with my thermal.

Reactions: JohnS.
I have been looking to modify my bog death grip tripod to a ball head for a while now. If you came out with a kit it would definitely simplify things.

Reactions: Smith10mm
If that is the one from BOG themselves I was advised it was for camera (items less than 8 LBS) purposes only from one of their representatives. If that's not the case anymore I appreciate the feedback. If it is meant for cameras but it seems to work then great. I wanted to offer something very robust, meant to handle the normal 12-20lb rifles.
No it’s a new head supposedly tested to 50 lbs. I don’t know …it was at the ATA show . But I’m sure they’re is probably plenty of people who would want to retro fit theirs sounds good…. Good luck

Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
No it’s a new head supposedly tested to 50 lbs. I don’t know …it was at the ATA show . But I’m sure they’re is probably plenty of people who would want to retro fit theirs sounds good…. Good luck
Thanks for sharing the info though, I appreciate the feedback I always get on this forum.

I am definitely interested i assumed when I bought you could put other attachments besides the death grip

Excellent quality and easy to install. Thanks for making these available, I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence. Stay Safe & Shoot Straight!

Attachments

• CAE1343A-8D13-4D0B-895A-10AB1F5DFA6C.jpeg
    CAE1343A-8D13-4D0B-895A-10AB1F5DFA6C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
Reactions: STI_1911_Guy