• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball Head Kit

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
****UPDATE***

****I have been working on a printed bushing to replace the aluminum one for a few reasons. Main one being availability, I can print these like any of my other items so sourcing is not an issue. I can also pass the cost savings on to you guys and a little more weight reduction. I will be working on a printed adapter plate in the future also. I wanted to make sure the integrity and strength were both still very sound so I adjusted materials and design until I got it right. ***** There will be nothing new to installation, a dab of Loctite is still highly recommended on the ball head bolt. Just snug it up good, no need to over tighten. There are some variances in the BOG castings so you may hear a slight pop as the lip in the bushing pops over the casting but its fine and expected on some as I keep the fit fairly snug on the bushing.

I have also added an eyebolt addition you can use to hang equipment from. When you purchase it just let me know if you want the eye bolt or regular bolt.

For installation of the eyebolt you will install the bushing then slide the eye bolt up through and tighten fully into the ball head until it bottoms out. Then loosen the eye bolt 1 full turn and lock the nut down while holding the eye bolt from turning if necessary.

I have made up a few ball head conversion kits for the Bog Deathgrip Tripod. I tried to keep the price down as low as possible while maintaining good quality equivalent to the Bog Tripod.

- Prices shipped TYD.
- *** Continually making them as requested. I will inform you of any excessive backlog.
- There are 5 options.

The ball head is rated at 33 lbs and has 360 degree rotation (lockable) base in addition to the ball head and the ball head is lockable and adjustable for tension. This will accept arca-swiss style devices including the numerous picatinny to arca and such items on the market.

To install you would have to remove the one bolt holding the deathgrip to the tripod. Once you do this the bearings and bushings (you will not need these any longer) will come out. You will end up with a hollow casting as seen in the images. Once you have this you can insert the aluminum bushing from the bottom, then insert the new bolt through the bushing and install the ball head onto it. I recommend a dab of Loctite on the bolt before installation.

If you want to use the deathgrip that you just removed you need the kit with the adapter plate. This plate with the 4 supplied screws will attach to the deathgrip head and can then be locked into the arca-swiss ball head.

This entire assembly weighs ~15oz, you will be removing ~8oz to install. So in total you will add about 8 oz to your setup, plus any additional items you decide to add.

Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit and adapter plate (full kit) $110: This will come with the ball head, bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head. In addition this will come with the adapter plate to attach to the deathgrip that can then be placed into the arca-swiss ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit only $95: This will come with the ball head, bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only $55: This will come with the bushing for the tripod, The 3/8-16 bolt for most ballheads and the adapter plate to attach the deathgrip to Arca-Swiss. This is for if you have your own ballhead but want to be able to attach the deathgrip to it if desired.
Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only $45: This will come with the adapter plate and 4 screws only.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing and Bolt Only $40: This will com with the bushing and bolt only. This option would be great for someone with their own ballhead and no desire to be able to reattach the deathgrip.

I also have small plates with the standard 1/4-20 screw. If you have any accessories that would benefit from a custom printed fixture that would allow you to attach it to an Arca-Swiss plate, which could then be put on a tripod or something else please send me a PM and we can figure something out.

Items other members have requested

Attachments

• Bog Assembled 4.JPG
    Bog Assembled 4.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 5,618
  • Bog Assembled.JPG
    Bog Assembled.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 3,920
  • Bog Deathgrip Casting.JPG
    Bog Deathgrip Casting.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 3,862
  • Deathgrip Plate Installed.JPG
    Deathgrip Plate Installed.JPG
    652.3 KB · Views: 4,105
  • Full Kit.jpg
    Full Kit.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 4,292
  • Ballhead Kit.jpg
    Ballhead Kit.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 4,046
Last edited:
Can you easily put the death grip back on
Yes if you want to put the death grip back on just get the adapter kit with plate and the plate attaches to the death grip and locks into the ball head.

If you mean can you put the original bearing assembly back together it can be done as I did several times while working on it but you have to just be careful.

Reactions: 338dude
I’ll take one with the adapter plate. This is just what I need. Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I have a few more available again. PM me if interested.

I am going to be offering a couple other options on this also soon, keep an eye out. Thanks,

So this will let me convert the death grip to a arca attachment interface?
Yes, if you put the adapter plate on the bog deathgrip it will then fit into arca-swiss type ball heads or fixtures.

Couple new options added!

Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only $45: This will come with the adapter plate and 4 screws only.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only (for if you have your own ball head) $50: This will come with the aluminum bushing for the tripod, The 3/8-16 bolt for most ballheads and the adapter plate to attach the deathgrip to Arca-Swiss.

Attachments

• Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only.jpg
    Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 483
  • Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only.jpg
    Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 658
Just recieved my ball head. Easy installation and works better than I anticipated. Worth every penny!!

Attachments

• 20220129_115741.jpg
    20220129_115741.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 1,286
Received mine yesterday
The bushing was a little snug, so I put some light oil on it to tap it in

The adaptor plate that mounts to the BOG clamp head fits tight.

The Artcise head mount plate had a little play in it, as it mounted to the ball head. (This is NOT the part that STI_1911_guy makes)
This is from Artcise
I used some epoxy on that junction, and now it's solid as a rock

If you guys have a BOG, this conversion kit gets rid of the slop/play in the BOG adjustable head

You mount the existing BOG clamp to the kit that STI_1911_guy made

This is a great product!

Thanks, man!

Last edited:
I put mine in last night as well. It required quite a bit of elbow grease but that pile ain't going anywhere. Loctite on the screws and snugged everything up. It made the death grip what it should have been. Thank you. Got it in time to hunt tomorrow.

Glad its working well for everyone so far.

The bushing is meant to be a slip fit, some may have a slight interference fit. If it cant be seated by hand then a few light taps on the end of the bushing will seat it all the way! As mentioned before, I do recommend a little dab of Loctite on the bolts to ensure it doesn't loosen up with the small contact surface area of the BOG casting.

If you have any questions or problems just send me a PM. Thanks.

Just got mine today and installed it. Tripod is about 2.5 lbs lighter with the ball head mounted.
The entire death grip head with the swivel mount is about 3 lbs.
ball head is an easy weight saver

Attachments

• 58646F5A-993E-420C-821B-98229E39AB0F.jpeg
    58646F5A-993E-420C-821B-98229E39AB0F.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 1,896
  • CB919083-F304-49C8-A3BD-FFED19816222.jpeg
    CB919083-F304-49C8-A3BD-FFED19816222.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 832
  • DBD89207-5B75-4723-9004-B73EDF295433.jpeg
    DBD89207-5B75-4723-9004-B73EDF295433.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 912
Absolutely night and day from the deathgrip!

Attachments

• E610D483-FEDB-449D-9ACF-2445E3B45488.jpeg
    E610D483-FEDB-449D-9ACF-2445E3B45488.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 874
  • 9E7D6039-2F71-48AC-A947-B0FF26927FA1.jpeg
    9E7D6039-2F71-48AC-A947-B0FF26927FA1.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 786
I want one of these. What kit do I need to order to utilize the Death grip with the ball head? Thanks in advance!

Couple new options added!

Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only (for if you have your own ball head) $50: This will come with the aluminum bushing for the tripod, The 3/8-16 bolt for most ballheads and the adapter plate to attach the deathgrip to Arca-Swiss.
Could you please send me your information so I can get bushing and bolt ordered. Thanks

Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
I am going to be making a few changes to the lineup. I will be messaging all of you that have contacted me recently to let you know the changes.

Thanks everybody!!

Looking for the full kit also, unless, you have an improvement coming up

****UPDATE***

****I have been working on a printed bushing to replace the aluminum one for a few reasons. Main one being availability, I can print these like any of my other items so sourcing is not an issue. I can also pass the cost savings on to you guys and a little more weight reduction. I will be working on a printed adapter plate in the future also. I wanted to make sure the integrity and strength were both still very sound so I adjusted materials and design until I got it right. ***** There will be nothing new to installation, a dab of Loctite is still highly recommended on the ball head bolt. Just snug it up good, no need to over tighten. There are some variances in the BOG castings so you may hear a slight pop as the lip in the bushing pops over the casting but its fine and expected on some as I keep the fit fairly snug on the bushing.

I have also added an eyebolt addition you can use to hang equipment from. When you purchase it just let me know if you want the eye bolt or regular bolt.

For installation of the eyebolt you will install the bushing then slide the eye bolt up through and tighten fully into the ball head until it bottoms out. Then loosen the eye bolt 1 full turn and lock the nut down while holding the eye bolt from turning if necessary.

Attachments

• Ballhead Kit.jpg
    Ballhead Kit.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 512
  • Bog Eye Bolt.jpg
    Bog Eye Bolt.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Full Kit.jpg
    Full Kit.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 529
  • Printed sleeve.jpg
    Printed sleeve.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 492
Another material option for you could be Delrin/Acetal rod.
It's what I made mine out of since I had some laying around.
Machines very nice and is very durable.
I don't have a lathe so I used a v block on the table saw to turn down and a drill press cutting tool to clean it up so mine doesn't look as clean as it would on a lathe.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3254.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3254.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 323
  • thumbnail_IMG_3255.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3255.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 320
Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
Kit arrived yesterday and I got it assembled this morning. Thank you so much for offering this conversion. Think it makes an awesome tripod for under $300! One thing I discovered, the Deathgrip saddle/vise is heavy, could trim a substantial amount of weight by mounting arca plate on gun rail. My first attempt at attaching pictures, will see what happens.
C503EAC2-E505-482C-BF21-03FB92F544BC.jpeg
7454E38B-1075-4E42-AAD5-B1BBCE0B08AC.jpeg
CC0BA79F-D13B-4ACE-A7A6-FCC11508402A.jpeg

Kit arrived yesterday and I got it assembled this morning. Thank you so much for offering this conversion. Think it makes an awesome tripod for under $300! One thing I discovered, the Deathgrip saddle/vise is heavy, could trim a substantial amount of weight by mounting arca plate on gun rail. My first attempt at attaching pictures, will see what happens.View attachment 7814048View attachment 7814049View attachment 7814050

Awesome! Glad you like it. Yea, if you cut the deathgrip saddle out of it you can remove a couple pounds. Big difference for sure.