• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BOLO -Stolen Vudoo V22 barreled action

akz28

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2020
Picked up by FedEx in Pittsboro, NC to go back to Vudoo for testing but FedEx never scanned it in. Thought maybe they lost it at first to give them the benefit of the doubt but then the same driver claims he came 4 days in a row after he already picked it up but it wasn't ready. Which is not true, we were home. It was ready the first day he came and that was the last it was seen. It was in the Vudoo box and has a 22" black MTU barrel and the medium bolt. All black. Barreled action only, no chassis. Reported to Police, Fed Ex and it is in the NCIC database as stolen. Vudoo also engaged the ATF. Serial is T3932. Please notify police if you come across it or see someone trying to sell it.

Sorry to hear that but in the future you got to bring those to a hub and they give you a printed proof of shipping. It's not perfect but it helps cover you and prove FedEx has it. There is one down on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh that is set to take in firearms. That is where I sent my Vudoo out from. It's about a 45 minute drive for me but more about piece of mind. Hopefully they find your Vudoo.

Sorry to hear that but in the future you got to bring those to a hub and they give you a printed proof of shipping. It's not perfect but it helps cover you and prove FedEx has it. There is one down on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh that is set to take in firearms. That is where I sent my Vudoo out from. It's about a 45 minute drive for me but more about piece of mind. Hopefully they find your Vudoo.
Lesson learned. Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: Rob01
Yeah it definitely sucks but sometimes when you put some pressure on them with LE and people looking those "lost" firearms surprisingly pop up and get found. I hope it does it for you.

If you haven't already thought of it, check the local gun forums in case he's stupid enough to post it for sale

Reactions: JKW70
I sent my receiver (not barreled, just the receiver in a small nondescript box) back to Vudoo for rebarreling. I dropped it into a FedEx dropbox outside a business in Apex, recording a video of the process showing the business, the dropbox outside the business, the shipping label on the shipped box, and the box disappearing into the drop.

UPS has "access points" all over the place - UPS-specific, not the abominable franchise places that refuse to touch anything that might be welded to a pipe and called a firearm. With manufacturer-supplied labels, it has been easy to use the access point in an auto parts store near my home. The FedEx drop boxes aren't big enough to drop a barreled action into, probably not a good idea anyway, and Rob's advice about using a hub is the best approach.

Good idea about checking various forums.

Finally: I have gotten an impression that firearms shipped via FedEx go "missing" more often than with UPS or USPS. Am I mistaken?

I would also call Fuquay Gun and other local brick&mortar shops that take trades. I would hope they would all check the serial before making an offer, but.......

Reactions: Rob01
I would also call Fuquay Gun and other local brick&mortar shops that take trades. I would hope they would all check the serial before making an offer, but.......
If he took it to an FFL, I'm assuming the serial number would pop up as stolen. The way the ATF has been acting towards FFLs lately, I doubt any one would take a trade without running the serial number. I figured a private sale would be more likely. And chances are the driver/thief knows guns and recognized the ship-to address.

Four different gun shows in NC this weekend. One in Raleigh you might go check out

One of the things I noticed on FedEx packages I was receiving that had tracking is that the driver takes a photo of the package being delivered. That photo is also included on the tracking delivery e-mail showing it was delivered. I don't know if this is a company wide practice or only a local area practice.

It would seem that if they do it for delivery, they would also do it for package pickup.

Sure it wasn’t stolen by a sneaky porch pirate before FedEx got there? But just to clarify he picked it up scanned it for the pickup but never updated after? I’m a little slow this morning.

I sent my receiver (not barreled, just the receiver in a small nondescript box) back to Vudoo for rebarreling. I dropped it into a FedEx dropbox outside a business in Apex, recording a video of the process showing the business, the dropbox outside the business, the shipping label on the shipped box, and the box disappearing into the drop.

UPS has "access points" all over the place - UPS-specific, not the abominable franchise places that refuse to touch anything that might be welded to a pipe and called a firearm. With manufacturer-supplied labels, it has been easy to use the access point in an auto parts store near my home. The FedEx drop boxes aren't big enough to drop a barreled action into, probably not a good idea anyway, and Rob's advice about using a hub is the best approach.

Good idea about checking various forums.

Finally: I have gotten an impression that firearms shipped via FedEx go "missing" more often than with UPS or USPS. Am I mistaken?

Fedex Ground ( not express) is made up of small contract companies. While I believe FedEx still background checks the drivers ultimately the employee quality is not what it used to be when it was owner/operators. If you’re going to ship with fedex ground it better not be obvious what’s inside the package. There are plenty of great people working that job but the potential for shit birds is much higher than with UPS.

I have seen some shady looking fed ex contractors delivering in what appears to be their pov lately.

Sure it wasn’t stolen by a sneaky porch pirate before FedEx got there? But just to clarify he picked it up scanned it for the pickup but never updated after? I’m a little slow this morning.
I handed it directly to the driver.

Reactions: 021411
Did the driver actually show up at your house 4 days in a row
I would think Fed-x would be able to truck their trucks
I hope you get your voodoo back soon
No, we were home each of the days the driver claimed to come out for the package after he already picked it up. No door tags left even if we werent home. But we were.

I handed it directly to the driver.
This is completely not how fedex works. Fedex and UPS no longer allow this. IIRC you need to FFL both ends. There was a kerfuffle about rule changes a year or two ago. Even the regional HQ method I don't think works. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

This is completely not how fedex works. Fedex and UPS no longer allow this. IIRC you need to FFL both ends. There was a kerfuffle about rule changes a year or two ago. Even the regional HQ method I don't think works. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Not at all true. Fed Ex is the only one that will do this now. UPS and USPS require an FFL on each end. Not Fed Ex. I'm not lying about this whole thing. Vudoo set up the pick up directly with Fed Ex. I have a Fed Ex tracking number. But it was never scanned in by anyone. Call Vudoo or any other gun company if you dont believe me.

That’s not true either. Neither fed ex or ups will allow you to ship a firearm from individual to FFL but if you have a return ticket label then it’s going on their FFL so you as an individual can drop it off to send. You can ship rifles and shotguns usps to an FFL from an individual but pistols need to go FFL.

That’s not true either. Neither fed ex or ups will allow you to ship a firearm from individual to FFL but if you have a return ticket label then it’s going on their FFL so you as an individual can drop it off to send. You can ship rifles and shotguns usps to an FFL from an individual but pistols need to go FFL.
I didnt know that. So if I sold a rifle on Gunbroker, for example. I could ship it myself to the buyers FFL of choice? Is that right?

One more question. I called a local gun store today and asked if someone came in to sell a firearm, do they check to see if it is stolen.
They told me NO! Could that be true also or maybe I just got the wrong person on the phone. I would hope they can check before they buy.

Last edited:
I didnt know that. So if I sold a rifle on Gunbroker, for example. I could ship it myself to the buyers FFL of choice? Is that right?

Yes you can ship it USPS but not UPS or Fed Ex. A backdoor to that though is if you use a shipping company like Shipmygun.com, which is run by Bud's Gun Shop, you can ship it UPS yourself going under their FFL.

Reactions: zeroz and akz28

One more question. I called a local gun store today and asked if someone came in to sell a firearm, do they check to see if it is stolen.
They told me NO! Could that be true also or maybe I just got the wrong person on the phone. I would hope they can check before they buy.
Maybe you got the right person and they thought you were trying to sell a hot gun and could jam your ass up.

An FFL holder will only check if they have to log it in their book last thing, they want is a stolen gun that they logged in. and if they take possession to transfer or ship, they will log it in.

Lee

You can still ship via FedEx from yourself to an FFL, but you have to have an account and do the label yourself. I just did it and was told by my FedEx office what I needed to do.

Just an FYI - most local LE will not run a serial # for an FFL ( because NCIC is supposed to only be used for official LE business ) - HOWEVER - starting this fall , ATF NICS will begin allowing FFL's to run serial numbers to check for stolen. We have been asking them to do this at ATF training sessions for at least 10 years, but it will only begin this fall. So, no, most firearms taken in are not checked for stolen ( at least around my AO ).

Last edited: