• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Action 22 upper for AR-15???

fockell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
SC, Kansas
Does anyone make a bolt action upper that will slap onto an AR lower? I am wanting to build up a 22 for my daughter and I believe her first rifle should be a bolt action. My intention is to get her some significant gun/gunpart for her B-Day each year and an AR is such a modular platform I would like to start there.
Thanks,
Brandon

Re: Bolt Action 22 upper for AR-15???

I've never seen a bolt action rimfire upper receiver for the AR-15.

Why not get her a Crickett? Many a youngster has started out on that little rifle and there are quite a few accessories for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never seen a bolt action rimfire upper receiver for the AR-15.

Why not get her a Crickett? Many a youngster has started out on that little rifle and there are quite a few accessories for it. </div></div>
I have not seen one either, thought it would kinda of neat to change it over the years from B/A to semi and later to a full power rifle cartridge.
A cricket is about the right size, maybe that should be where I can start.
Thanks
Brandon

Well if your willing to be flexible you can always do a 50 cal bolt action upper for that lower. Just kidding. I have never seen one in 22 either.

You could always get a biathlon 10-22. Cheaper than an Annie 1827.

dude, I really like the concept of upgrading. another way you can go is to get a CVA or Traditions single shot rifle. interchangable barrels, youth stocks... your mission can be accomplished that way. if not, you can always just get a savage Rascal.