• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bolt action .223 question

Re: bolt action .223 question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there a factory gun with a 1-9, 1-8 twist barrel

Keith </div></div>

Yes, My Tikka T3 Lite has a 1:8" twist. Very happy with it.

Yes, Remington SPS tactical and LTR's have 1-9" twist. SOME of the PSS's do, but you'll want to check the rifle first because the earlier ones were 1-12.

Seems that Savage has a factory 1-8 or 1-9 but don't much about those.

Jason

PS...Sniper2230 has SPS Tactical 223's for $515 right now.

Rem 700 police 223 come with 1-9 twist,old ones were 1-12. never seen any factory rifles w 1-8 twist.

Tikka T3 is a factory 1:8 twist. Pick up a varmint version and drop it in a RCS, mod a couple AICS 308 mags and call it done...

-pd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka T3 is a factory 1:8 twist. Pick up a varmint version and drop it in a RCS, mod a couple AICS 308 mags and call it done...

-pd </div></div>

Do you have a picture of your rig ptd? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Remington SPS tactical and LTR's have 1-9" twist. SOME of the PSS's do, but you'll want to check the rifle first because the earlier ones were 1-12.

Seems that Savage has a factory 1-8 or 1-9 but don't much about those.

Jason

PS...Sniper2230 has SPS Tactical 223's for $515 right now. </div></div>how do you find sniper2230? i am interested

He's got some ads in the for sale section. I thought Remington is coming out with a 5R in .223 1X8 twist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do you have a picture of your rig ptd? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread. </div></div>

Will see about snapping a couple and posting it up this weekend.

-pd

There's a pretty nice looking Tikka T3 Tactical that I just BTT'd in the "For Sale" section. Not mine but I was looking at it yesterday. I just can't justify it right now.