• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Action Pistol

loveha

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan
    Strange question.
    If you were to win a bolt action pistol, and you could pick between 4 calibers.

300 Blackout. 7.5 in. 1:5
    223 Rem. 10.5 in. 1:7
    6.5 Creed. 12.5 in. 1:8
    308 Win. 12.5 in. 1:8

What would you pick?
    I already have a 12.5 300BLK and 12.5 223 Wylde in AR-15. So I'm leaning towards 6.5CM, and making it an SBR. Would be a sweet little deer gun in Northern Michigan with a can.

Reactions: rusell7
    6.5 or 308.

I really enjoy my 11” 308. It’s loads of fun with a 135g SMK.

If I was starting from scratch, pick the caliber you have the most components for.

6.5 Creedmoor. It does well in a 12.5. Grendel would be my 1st choice though

The OP seems to be listing the choices from Christianson Arms MSP. They look cool and olny $2300

308 throated to shoot like 230/245 subsonic
    458 socom subsonic
    450 bushmaster/350 legend

The OP seems to be listing the choices from Christianson Arms MSP. They look cool and olny $2300
    Correct.

They were doing a giveaway for the reveal. Turns out it was for their Modern Precision Pistol. I entered for the hell of it, not expecting anything of it. What do you know I get an email yesterday saying I won.

So I went looking at available calibers they offered it in. Heading to my LGS tomorrow to finish the details for shipping. Going to SBR it as I hate braces. Looking at using Smoke Composites rifle stock which I use already on one AR. With Trijicon's Credo 1-8x28 scope. Picked 6.5CM.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Just Jim