• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Carrier Group for 308

skeeter355

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
Brownells has a CMMG 308 BCG and the DMPS 308 BCG in stock. No reviews on the CMMG. The build is a MATEN upper/lower combo. Any inputs between the two BCGs?

Thanks, Skeeter

Deja vu all over again... ;)

I think this topic just came up recently. I have seen and compared both side-by-side and the CMMG basic phosphated .308 BCG is NOT worth the premium over the basic DPMS BCG. While the prices (at least at Brownells) are only $10 apart now (used to be more like $40), you aren't getting ANYTHING more with the CMMG as both are the same quality materials/design/function.

Others here on the Hide have reported out-of-spec CMMG BCGs, but I have not found that myself. I believe, and its been a month or so, that the issue with one member here was that the CMMG BCG had zero tension on the bolt/gas rings which is an issue, and others have reported very loose firing pin retaining pin fitment. Save the money and they headache...just get the DPMS and be done with it for a basic, phosphated .308 BCG.