• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt closing hard on Brand new Bergara 6.5

Ep_os

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2021
Tucson, AZ
Hello all!

I just purchased a Bergara B-14 in 6.5. The bolt is extremely smooth right up until I try to get a round in the chamber. It becomes extremely stiff. I can see markings on the shell casing and brass shavings in the chamber also. I am using Nosler Factory Rounds. Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like the ammo is too big (possible with nosler ammo) or the chambers too small (possible with bergara).

What does another manufacturers of ammo do? (Or better yet use the real tool- go/nogo gauges)

Reactions: Ep_os
Sounds like the ammo is too big (possible with nosler ammo) or the chambers too small (possible with bergara).

What does another manufacturers of ammo do? (Or better yet use the real tool- go/nogo gauges)
Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Might take it to a gunsmith and run a "Go" and "No-Go" gauge through it. I had this happen a while back, and the result forced the manufacturer to take it back and fix it.