• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt fluting

Easy_E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 19, 2006
St Johns Mi
Hello I need to have a bolt fluted fairly quick for a customer who do you guys recommend ? We normally send them to LRI but they're changing out machines right now and are quoting a month out .
Thanks

Try twisted barrel in Douglas WY. That being said LRI is always my first choice. I suspect the sturgis motorcycle rally and the 500,000 plus people it brings with it probably bears on their lead times. Hell it can take half hour to forty five minutes just to drive across town. Evenings before the concerts you are on your own.

I've used Twisted Barrel for a bolt job.

He did the fluting, bolt knob, milled the action and cerakote.

Little miscommunication on my end...the milled slabs on the sides of the receiver need shot to match. I knew 8 wanted the bolt and knob to be milled after cerakote. Wasn't thinking about the action. Did the slabs for weight not so much looks.. Otherwise, turned out nice and price was reasonable. Turn around was pretty good too. I don't think it was gone a few weeks total.

Reactions: Easy_E