• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bolt Handles

Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
Las Vegas
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in having the handles on my Rem 700 and Weatherby Vanguard S2 changed over to tactical knobs (forgive me if I'm using the wrong terms). I got a price of $125 each and don't have a reference if that's high or not.

Also, this is from a local person that was recommended to me by a customer. I'm ok with shipping but I'd prefer it to not be 4 weeks turn around time. I was quoted for same day service by the first shop.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Karl @ Kampfeld Customs usually has your bolt back in about a week. I think he charges about $85 + $5 bucks shipping. Great guy and does excellent work. Here is his "Campfire" knob which is a smaller hunter type versus a tactical knob.

009-1_zpsd351ee6f.jpg

I like that one better than the bigger ones. The rifle is my coyote gun. Thanks for the input.

+1 one for Phoenix Custom.

I had my SPR bolt recently done by them and its flawless work.

I'll be at the precision rifle match in Vegas this Saturday if you want to leave me your bolts.
I do the installation for $40 each and they will be back to you within a week.
You provide the knobs.

Thanks! I won't have the knobs in time but can I ship them to you and will the price be the same?