• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bolt knob for Savage 10FCP

Re: Bolt knob for Savage 10FCP

I've done a few.

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03768.jpg

DSC03778.jpg

DSC03776.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

not to take business from anyone but all it takes is a allen wrench and about 3 minutes if you buy a complete bolt knob from sharp shooters supply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to take business from anyone but all it takes is a allen wrench and about 3 minutes if you buy a complete bolt knob from sharp shooters supply. </div></div>

that, and the 3 month wait to get one sometimes.

I got mine from stockade in about a week, installed in about 5 minutes. If you wanted a different style knob, a threaded handle like the one above would be nice.

I bought a knob from Brownell's, I believe they are selling the Sharpshooter Supply handle but it's not specifically stated on their website.

Got mine mainly for looks. It works fine. I also machined the stock handle (on the mini mill) and installed a Badger, which I ended up preferring the look of. It does not seem as robust to me as the SSS knob because you have to machine the original handle down to a very thin shank. So if you get your original handle machined for a thread-on knob, you might want to have another as backup. (I haven't had problems, but others on this board have.)

Does anyone have a pic of the Tactical Bolt Handle from Sharpshooter Supply installed on their savage?

This is the one I have on my rifle. I would have liked the knob to have been a little bigger.

savage002.jpg

stevens1.jpg

tn.jpg

stevens.jpg

Here's the Sharpshooter tactical knob on my Stevens 200, remove allen screw, pull handle, install new knob, reinstall and tighten screw... simplicity at it's finest.

that looks like an accu shot mono pod without the complete foot