• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt knob installs on a CZ452?

Smokin

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2007
Houston, Texas
I asked a few of the hide gunsmiths who do the bolt knob installs here if they would deviate from their standard Remington 700 Badger Bolt knob install process and do one for my CZ452. Two vendors said it seems a bit difficult and werent willing to do it. I have, however seen a few CZ452's with custom bolt knob installs done. Has anyone had this done and can you refer me to that gunsmith?

Re: Bolt knob installs on a CZ452?

Contact Hooper on the Hide. He does bolt knobs and a custom metal floor plate/trigger guard. Look in the group buy or commercial sales sections for him.

Good question. I need one for my CZ too. I don't have any problem with the factory bolt knob,but I want to look tacticool...lol

Contact Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. He mentioned a while ago that he was working on a fixture for Cz 452's

I've got a 452 with Hooper as we speak (or should I say, "type").

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. He mentioned a while ago that he was working on a fixture for Cz 452's </div></div>

Called Mark already. He wasnt willing to take this on at this time. I'll try hooper.

P1010013.jpg

I do them if the handle is solid. I take the odd angle out of the way the handle sticks off the rifle as well. If there is a hole in the knob end, I can sell you a replacement handle with a knob installed on it. Lou400a here on the board posted his two rifles I did for him. I also cut and threaded the barrel on one of them.

The handle is easily taken off and swapped out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berzerkrobot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hooper those look great! Does the bolt knob interfere with your trigger finger? </div></div>

When I had Lou's in the shop, I did not notice anything. We are making a run on scaled down knobs for these along with other designs so folks will have a few choices.

I was also about to ask if you would be willing to scale them down. It looks good, but a small piece too big for the rimfire actions. I was hoping a more proportional size unit would be in the works
smile.gif

-Dylan