• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt knob with 1/2 inch socket

EricM40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
Georgia
I've really wanted one of these. I have access to a cnc machine and would like to get these made. For it to be fees able I need to make 50 of them. This is not a group buy but rather a way for me to see if anyone would anyone be interested in this? 5/16 x 24 thread

Re: Bolt knob with 1/2 inch socket

It's been done. DBMG LLC. makes one. I don't really see the need. You might as well hollow out your stock and keep all your tools in there. You might need some Allen wrenches and screwdrivers as well.

As mentioned above, it has been done before and I have a few left in stock if you want any.

The problem is it would be fine for tightening a nut on a little more than hand tight, but when breaking loose you run the risk of spinning the knob off instead of the nut you are trying to remove.

It just never caught on for a few reasons.

Mark

unless you are using a true one piece bolt, it sounds like a great way to separate the handle from the bolt body to me.

You would be better off keeping some tools in your BOB. You might need more then 1/2" wrench. A stock pack like the one for Triad would allow you to keep a few tools on your rifle. You should obviously have everything you need in your range bag.

Not sure what the purpose of grafting a 1/2" socket to the bolt handle would be. Maybe I'm missing something, but the only thing that's 1/2" on some of my rifles is the nuts on the scope ring crossbolts.

I'd think carrying a Borka torque tool kit in your range bag would be a much better option. As a bonus it'll properly torque all the fasteners on your rifle, and it'll fit in a stock pack if you really feel the need to have onboard tools.

The 1/2" socket for a bolt handle just seems a bit Red Jacket-ish to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> just seems a bit Red Jacket-ish to me.

</div></div>

grin.gif