• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt lift

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Hi all, got my first action a few weeks ago. Defiance tenacity.
My question is, does the trigger affect the bolt lift weight? Im Running a standard 700 trigger for now and its heavy but not comparable to my old 700. I also only have 6 rounds through it and a handfull of dry runs

Unless it’s binding against the firing pin somehow, no.

Make sure to add a little grease at the cocking ramp and around the back of the bolt lugs.

It will lighten up some with use.In saying that I found the tt diamond did change the bolt feel.

Sorry I should have noted more so changed on bolt close..

Last edited:
As it breaks in and the parts get worn it should start to feel nicer. A proper timed and mated trigger will make a big difference.

A friend has a Mausingfield, that was bought from the same shop, same time, and from the same manufactured batch as my Mausingfield. He is running a Huber trigger, while I am running a BnA Tacsport 2 stage with the appropriate sear height. His action requires at least twice the amount of force to open and close the bolt. It's a pretty drastic difference. I love my Mausingfield, but I despise how my friends Mausingfield feels.

You would be surprised how big off a difference it can make. It's one of the reasons why I'm a big fan of the BnA trigger - between the sear engagement adjustment and the replaceable sears with different heights, you can get a trigger dialed in for your specific action.

Last edited:
As it breaks in and the parts get worn it should start to feel nicer. A proper timed and mated trigger will make a big difference.

A friend has a Mausingfield, that was bought from the same shop, same time, and from the same manufactured batch as my Mausingfield. He is running a Huber trigger, while I am running a BnA Tacsport 2 stage with the appropriate sear height. His action requires at least twice the amount of force to open and close the bolt. It's a pretty drastic difference. I love my Mausingfield, but I despise how mine feels.

You would be surprised how big off a difference it can make. It's one of the reasons why I'm a big fan of the BnA trigger - between the sear engagement adjustment and the replaceable sears with different heights, you can get a trigger dialed in for your specific action.
Why do you despise how yours feels? For a moment there it sounded like your BNA with correct sear made all the difference in the world. Care to elaborate?

Why do you despise how yours feels? For a moment there it sounded like your BNA with correct sear made all the difference in the world. Care to elaborate?

I love how mine feels. I despise how my friends identical action but with different trigger feels.

Sorry - I see that I made a typo in my post - fixed now.

Reactions: Skunkworx