• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing bolt stop modification

razor100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2006
Oconomowoc, WI
currently running an externally adjustable 40x trigger on my rifle and am on the fence about getting one of the group buy Huber triggers. Since they have no bolt release I was thinking of getting the GA bolt/stop release modified to my gun. If I decide I dont like the Huber can i go back to running the 40x trigger with that bolt stop? thank you for your time!

Re: bolt stop modification

Even with an after market bolt stop, you can use a standard blot stop if you remove the after market one. Cant have both, but you can go back to factory if it's removed. You'll have a hole in the side of your action though. Wont hurt anything

Yes, you can use the 40X trigger and the modified bolt stop at the same time. You just need to remove the bolt stop release piece on the side of the 40X trigger. This is not a problem and is relatively easy to do. You could also likely leave the piece on the trigger and not put any of the factory bolt stop stuff on the action and have that work as well. Either way, you will be able to use the side bolt stop and the 40x trigger at the same time.

Dave

In most cases you don't even need to remove the bolt stop release from the trigger. You just need to remove tbe factory bolt stop from the action.