• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bolt stop re-installation help

TexanAviator

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Houston
On my Remmy 700 X-marked LTR

Strange way this spring is setup between the receiver and the bolt stop. Just wondering if anyone has any secrets or tips to get this thing in.

Thanks

Re: Bolt stop re-installation help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at another one that is already together.....I can take a pic of one if you need. </div></div>

I did, I have the long end where it is supposed to be, pushing up on the front of the bolt stop, but the spring bends in toward the receiver making it impossible for me to install. I dont get how the rear hook part installs.

It hooks under the bolt stop plate and the little end of the hook goes into the recess in the reciever...on the saftey side of the bolt stop plate.....

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

thanks guys, I did not think it wrapped around to the other side like that.

Just wait till you flip that little fucker over onto your reloading bench .......somewhere......I found mine after 2 hours.....by then I was so Whiskey'd up I dropped it once and decided to wait untill the next day!!!! On your next Midway order order another 2 of them.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wait till you flip that little fucker over onto your reloading bench .......somewhere......I found mine after 2 hours.....by then I was so Whiskey'd up I dropped it once and decided to wait untill the next day!!!! On your next Midway order order another 2 of them..... </div></div>

lol, I will keep that in mind!

Just got done with the adjustment, went well.

Trigger weight is alot better. I backed out the screw alot more than I thought I would have to.

Put it together, slammed the bolt home about 15 times, worked the safety then dropped it butt first from about 2 feet about 15 times. No bump fire so looking good.

Took her back apart, checked my pins, function (again), backed the screw out, applied some locktite then screwed it back in. Over that went some clear nail polish to hold the set screw. Action/Stock torqued back down to 65in/lbs.

Time for a beer

laugh.gif

Locktite to the adjustment screws??? Never heard or done that one.

The write up I followed said to use a little. Also a personal friend on here confirmed it was ok. It can always be taken off. I only used the green one.