• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bolt swapping question

Bigchaza

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2012
AUS NSW
Ok so I have 2 SAC alpha actions one is a 223 on a medium action with 223 bolt face the other is a 260 on a medium action.

The 223 is alot lighter build but would lack hunting power for some medium game.

Could I wack my 260 bolt into my 223 and screw on a 308 meduim action calibre?

I thought this would get an answer straight away. I suppose if you can do it its a testament to defiance machines tolerances

I would think that calling Mark @ SAC would get you the best answer. I do not possess the knowledge to answer, but would like to know as well. My Alpha 11 could use a magnum bolt face bolt and a 7 SAUM barrel...

I'm sure they'll fit. Have you cycled your 308 bolt in the rifle to check?

The recoil lug is probably pinned. That would better facilitate a switch barrel setup.

I dont have them yet lol and if I did id be afraid of the binding up more than anything else also I emailed defiance as well

ok so i have the answer! and it is contact defiance or mark with your serial numbers, they will work fine but not perfectly as each bolt is lapped to ensure a perfect fit into is receiver, but tolerances are otherwise fine and tighter than a normal rem anyway