• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bonanza Co-Ax for $150... FO?

Tengo1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have the opportunity to pick up a Bonanza Co-Ax (same as Forster) for $150. It’s obviously at least 20 years old. But looks to be in very good and fully functional shape. I’ve always planned on a Forster CO-AX, but as their prices have risen from $240 to $340 over the last 5 years I’ve started to question that.

Am I crazy to not jump on it? Or should I save up and watch for deals on a new Forster?

Do it. Parts are still interchangeable (like a taller yoke for micrometer dies).

I have both Forster and Bonanza Co-Ax made presses and can say from experience, the older Bonanza presses are every bit as good (or better) than the new Forster made ones.

Saw a Bonanza CA at a gun show. Told my buddy I should buy it. Forgot about it. It was in great shape. DUH.

Some of the older Bonanza dies are also exact same and interchange parts with Forster. These are really good when you can find them.

Yeah, did you get it? There was a Co-Ax on my local CL for $240, I'm still regretting not getting it.

Pics. Not shown is the primer catcher. I took it off to avoid breaking it before I get it set up. The guy I bought it from for $140 didn’t like the original red, so he stripped it down and painted it grey. I may reverse that at some point and paint it red again. I like the red.

9BF34651-B146-4A37-9B82-3CE85AF08041.jpeg

13A62AD9-38E8-452E-9A9A-BC5E75B9D922.jpeg

A73B4AB6-7BC3-408E-951E-594F42688A44.jpeg