• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racing boys!

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
Is anyone else pumped up about NASCAR starting this weekend!? I'm so glad it's racing season again. I'm getting my fantacy list together and trying to figure out my picks. I'm pumped!!

Re: Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racing boys!

NASCAR...you mean there's a race this weekend?!?!
wink.gif

Seriously...I have family just south of Daytona Beach and you'd swear they have been pumped for a month or more about the surge to their businesses and the local economy in general. Some day I'm going to get down there for a race!!

Will be glued to the TV this weekend and sitting trackside the following weekend!!!!

This sucks there is no way I will be able to watch the race this weekend and Daytona is one of my favorite tracks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone else pumped up about NASCAR starting this weekend!? I'm so glad it's racing season again. I'm getting my fantacy list together and trying to figure out my picks. I'm pumped!! </div></div>
You sound like Daryl Waltrip.

Yup, I can't wait also. What's with the 200+ speeds? Different restrictor plates?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone else pumped up about NASCAR starting this weekend!? I'm so glad it's racing season again. I'm getting my fantacy list together and trying to figure out my picks. I'm pumped!! </div></div>

Yup, I can't wait also. What's with the 200+ speeds? Different restrictor plates? </div></div>

New smooth pavement is the reason for the speeds...

I'll be there, but this 2 car shit has to stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there, but this 2 car shit has to stop. </div></div>

Hows about half way thru the race the have to switch directions ?? Or maybe NOT know which way the race will be run . maybe half the field goes left , the other goes right !! All at 200 MPH . NOW that would be driver skill .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there, but this 2 car shit has to stop. </div></div>

Hows about half way thru the race the have to switch directions ?? Or maybe NOT know which way the race will be run . maybe half the field goes left , the other goes right !! All at 200 MPH . NOW that would be driver skill . </div></div>
... and that is also the point that I would begin watching it. Until then, I will continue to not care.

I'm really interested to see how the new 2 car draft is going to alter the strategies. Should be a crazy race this weekend. I know I'm looking forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone else pumped up about NASCAR starting this weekend!? I'm so glad it's racing season again. I'm getting my fantacy list together and trying to figure out my picks. I'm pumped!! </div></div>

Yup, I can't wait also. What's with the 200+ speeds? Different restrictor plates? </div></div>

New smooth pavement is the reason for the speeds... </div></div>

And when I was watching the Shootout, occasionally I'd get a glimpse of one of their tachs and ...9,800 rpms. Holy crap, those poor engines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...but this 2 car shit has to stop. </div></div>

It will, just about the time the third major wreck occurs and the only cars left are the ones too slow to double up...

Right now, I think they all have their heads in their hands trying to figure out how to compe with the new track conditions. Weird things are happenings, especially with two-car drafts that go too fast and three car drafts that go slower, rather than faster. Aerodynamics gets arcane at Daytona. Apparently...

Meanwhile NASCAR keeps throwing smaller restrictors under the Nationwide cars' carbs, and they just seem to pick up more speed. What's with that, eh?

I think they are going to find that their current two-car solution is going to turn out to be forbidden fruit. Fun, but bad for you.

Greg

This'll be the last year for carbs. EFI next year. That'll be interesting.

There's gotta be more to this 2 car thing. I can't imagine they just discovered that this year.

I'm liking the new front ends without the visible splitters (aka tire slicers), and the rear spoilers.
They look a bit more like production cars again now.

i love nascar, or at least what nascar used to be. now it's just a bit too indyish.

technology and setups basically dominate leaving driver ability succombing to that technology. and they should rename the organization, afterall what is "stock" on any of the vehicles anymore?

that may start a discussion about driver ability - let's face it if they were focused on driver ability they would do it like the old IROC races - cars built "exactly" the same, start off with the same setup, just adjustments on pitstops. that leaves driver ability and ability to make the correct adjustments the biggest factor.

anyhow, IMO the roots / reality of nascar died when Dale sr. died. the only thing that comes close to what kept nascar going is Stewart (his attitude / driving mellowed since) and now Kyle Busch. perhaps except for Mark Martin and maybe M. Waltrip, the rest are cookie cut sheep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hows about half way thru the race the have to switch directions ?? Or maybe NOT know which way the race will be run . maybe half the field goes left , the other goes right !! All at 200 MPH . NOW that would be driver skill . </div></div>

that would be a great, and was talking about that a few weeks ago with a guy - even give a "halftime" of a few minutes to put adjustments to going to the right (at least for safety reasons). that would certainly mix things up a bit from not only a driver standpoint, but right down to the pitting itself.

anyhow i'll still watch it tomorrow, but for the rest of the season (except for night races) not with the same dedication as once before.

attending a race? only a few years ago one could go to the race and only blow about $70.00 including tickets. now the tickets are $70.00 for shit seats, and almost as much for infield. too many folks with the finger in the pie. over at pocono (my "home" track) they used to have "autograph alley" which was a spot before the drivers hit the pits to get in the cars. used to be free, now they whack you $.

other areas that offered perks of actually showing up at the track now cost extra.

seems that the "base crowd" that made it what is can't enjoy the benefits of what they created.

take the restrictor plates off (or for next year what ever they come up with for the fuel injection). if you are afraid to go fast, don't qualify for the big tracks, go bowling that sunday.

speed is like fun, you can't have too much of it when it comes to racing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i love nascar, or at least what nascar used to be. now it's just a bit too indyish.</div></div>

Yep. Lost interest in IRL when Tony George flexed his muscle in the '90s.

They still sound awful purdy.

The three purdiest sounds to me are old John Deere 2 bangers, souped up Harleys and Detroit V-8s.

Diesel locomotives are right up there too.

Trevor Bayne/Cinderella...

Trevorella?

LOL! That was a great race. My fantasy pick was David Ragan. I was on cloud nine when he was leading the race at 4 laps to go. Then makes a stupid mental mistake at the start/finish line to get black flagged. Man!
But it was an awesome race!!!

This is Ragan's 'last chance year' to justify a ride in the big leagues. Not off to the best start, I'm thinkin'

Supposely, same for Junior; but I doubt the'd let him go with all the fan support he has, no matter what doesn't/does do.

Greg

Trevor ran a very smart race. For such a young gun in NASCAR he was well composed. I think he will be a great racer in the big leagues. I guess it helps to have a bunch of pro's workin the pit box too.
wink.gif

my two picks in our pool are Bowyer and Reutemann.

Any of ya'll organize an office pool on NASCAR? We get moen from all, about 16 -20 people, and each pick one driver from 1st to last on the draw. Then last man ( or lady, we have a couple of them in too) picks first, and so on until the first guy picks last.

Your second driver makes or breaks you. Yes it is a no brainer to pick Tony or Johnson early. Now when you are picking the 32nd pick in the pool, you better know a little about the 2nd rank guys. If you make the Chase with 2 drivers in, you are getting paid! I had Bowyer and Kenseth last year, as I picked next to last.

Any one else do anything like that? We also do a smaller pool on the chase same kind of format, no driver can be picked more than twice.