• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Booker's info?

fw707

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
KY
Does the lot number tell anything about this bottle of Booker's?

Any of the resident bourbon aficionados have an idea?

I think your bottle was made in Clermont and dumped from a barrel that was filled on March 16 1982.Most likely it was bottled around 1989.It should be a very tasty Bourbon if you like cask strength bourbon.

Regards,Mike

All I can say is these few points:

If, by chance, you particularly like THAT bottle, you can track down at your stores, bottles from that same barrel by using those numbers.

If, by chance, you get a BAD bottle, then THEY can track down others from that same lot/sequence. And yes, I do have a bit of experience with this, though it was most definitely with a different brand. And those involved DEFINITELY made the situation 'fixed' right quick, by pulling 'pre' and 'post' bottles from the batch.

--This story has been discussed in another thread, previous. But I gotta repeat though, the look on the lady's face (Distiller Representative) who tasted the contents of our bottle, was absolutely priceless. When she was finally able to speak, and stammered: "You can't drink THAT, it's undrinkable!!!" That then made us feel a whole lot better.

Booker's happens to be my favorite so far, so by all means enjoy your tipple. Nosing glasses accentuate the experience to a considerably higher degree. Strongly suggest that you get some.

Lastly, I can't remember which distiller it is/was....but I remember learning about a particular (maybe more than one) distiller who literally keeps one bottle back, from each and every barrel and batch. They have a whole warehouse full of previously bottled goods.

Can you imagine????

Simply phone Booker's up and give them the number. They will have the information you seek and can tell you about the bottling. A wild ass guess would be Building C, Section C, Rack 16, Barrel 82.
I will have the actual information in a day or two if they get the email and reply quickly ;)

ps you may not want to open that so just send it on down to me and I'll make sure to dispose of it proper

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the replies.
I received the bottle as a gift many years ago. It's unopened and still has the little hang tag around the neck.