• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Books on pistol shooting?

Nocalphoenix

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2008
Montana
Guys I am going to be laid up in bed for a while in a few weeks for some recover, any good pistol books out there? I am well stocked with books on sniping and rifle work in general but the only book on pistol shooting I have is Surgical Speed shooting by Andy Stanford.

I have a couple of DVDs offered by buddies but I spend enough time on the laptop. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Books on pistol shooting?

A little different, and dated, but good:
Handgun Hunting by George C. Nonte, Jr. and Lee E. Jurras

Got the Gonzalez book in my cart how about Gabe Suarez stuff? I took one of his classes when he was still in SoCal but have not followed him much in a while, it seems his ego got a bit inflated, anyone know about this one...

The Modern Day Gunslinger: The Ultimate Handgun Training Manual - Don Mann

If you would like the USPSA or IDPA sort of shooting, get "Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals" by Brian Enos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShtrRdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you would like the USPSA or IDPA sort of shooting, get "Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals" by Brian Enos. </div></div>
Second that recommendation. Great guy and a great book.

Richard