• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BOOKS: "The Ultimate Sniper" what is your opinion?

inthewind

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2013
McKinney, TX
I hope this is the appropriate place for book discussions. If not, I hope the moderators will direct me. I am relatively new to the site.

I am impressed with the book "The Ultimate Sniper" for content, style and data. The book presents equipment, marksmanship, fieldcraft and detection in some detail. I am sure there are differences of opinion on several points.

My interests are from a hobbyist's perspective. My fellow veteran's fought for our right to share information albeit controversial.

I would like to share discussion of books and information found in public sources. For example, I am very interested in the use of camera tripods for field stability and accuracy obtained from this rest.

What is your opinion of this book?

I had the original book, I found it to be pretty well written, very easy to understand with a great deal of info.
I have a great deal of respect for Maj. John Plaster.
The original is quite dated, as when he wrote it, the only real tactical scopes available were the Leupold and the B&L fixed 10X.
Some of what was written, I did not agree with, but that is to be expected.
I thought it was a very good investment and have considered buying the updated book.