• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Books , yea the paper things , out of date ??

KIDGLOCK

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2006
FREE STATE WYOMING
I love my books , some good , " To Ride, Shoot Straight ,and speak the Truth " , some bad . " The Turner Diaries " . Some with great knowledge to share , " Hatchers Notebook " , some ain't worth the paper they were printed on , " The Tactical 1911 " . BUT all have a feel of warmth and you have to read them to find out if they are worth a hoot , don't judge a book by its cover ......

Now , my POINT IS , why don't you " I HAVE A DUMB QUESTION " oxygen thief's read a BOOK once in a while instead of just asking a question of those of us that have . ?? Its like you expect us to be happy to just give out the info we have either worked years to compile or years to take the time to do RESEARCH on our own and asking questions only when truly stumped .

Hell , we even do a fucking GOOGLE search now and then when stumped or wanting to compare answers .

BUT NNOOOOOOOO, you lazy Gen.Y public school retards think its easier to just demand an answer to the fucking dumbest shit I have ever heard of .

Next time you think you should title your post " This may be a DUMB question " , Yea , IT is . SO what you do is punch that question into GOOGLE and see what pops up . OR go to the library and use the Dewy Decimal system .

I was told by an Old Timer , that there is no DUMB question , well , he's dead 30 years now and did not get to see the Internet . Lucky bastard .

Re: Books , yea the paper things , out of date ??

You don't have to answer those questions ya know. They are on par with irritating people who post rants about stupid shit such as irritating people who post stupid shit.

The new quote should be

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who ask questions."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to answer those questions ya know. They are on par with irritating people who post rants about stupid shit such as irritating people who post stupid shit. </div></div>

For the win!

This, from a guy that thinks zombies exist..

Yeah, me, too. I could ask him just as well why people don't learn to write correctly in school, or, if they actually did, why they don't use what they learned?

In any case, it's true that many questions are repetitious. However, my post count testifies to the fact that I've answered the same question many times.

But I haven't typed the same answer many times. I have the answers to many such questions stored in files, which I just cut-and-paste. And I've written several web pages.

So, repetitious questions posted by people who cannot or will not search the system are to be expected. No big deal - and a primary use of this system Frank created is to answer them, over and over and over again.

The Internet works fine, and newbs are always arriving bright eyed and clueless.

If I treat them the way I got treated when I was a newb; then they'll get an even break, and maybe a few more folks will have some benefit.

I just don't have it in me anymore to be the Grinch, although that's still a "work in progress".

Perfect? That's some other guy...

As for paper books, they have their place; and unfortunately, I tend to hoard them. I just got a Kindle for Christmas, and I'm trucking my old paperbacks over to the VA Med Center, one Wally's bagful at a time. They're not doing anybody much good hanging around here in stacks.

Greg

I've got the kindle app on the iPhone and find its a easy way to read more. There's nothing like the leather bound Louis Lamour books I've got though. As for the OP's post yeah it's a pain in the ass to here the same question over and over but they are entertaining. As for stupid questions I don't think there are any. We just get to see stupid people post simple questions that have been answered repeatedly. Giving them a rough time about it is like Hazing. They find their answers if they want and everyone is better for it. Anytime we can learn something ourselves, or teach someone something then it's been a good day.

This may be a dumb question, and I'm sorry I didn't have time to reference any books or Google... but what crawled up your ass and died?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This, from a guy that thinks zombies exist.. </div></div>

Go to Walmart and then tell me Zombies dont exist ..........LMAO .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I just got a headache from that grammatical mess.</div></div>

You THINK you got a headache ? Seems pretty simple to know if you have a knock'n in your Noodle , unless its just an echo .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may be a dumb question, and I'm sorry I didn't have time to reference any books or Google... but what crawled up your ass and died?</div></div>

Make time .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't have it in me anymore to be the Grinch, although that's still a "work in progress".</div></div>

Greg , I'm not a Grinch . I just hear this crap at work , here and at the shop every weekend . I don't know everything and never claimed to . The Oilfield will make you jaded to stupid cause every worm has kicked more ass than the 173rd ABN , banged more cooze than Ron Jeremy and can kill an Elk at 2000 yards with a 17 HMR .

A right legend in your own lunchtime aren't you mate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A right legend in your own lunchtime aren't you mate! </div></div>

If you think so and it makes you happy , OK .

You a Limey or a kangaroo ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A right legend in your own lunchtime aren't you mate! </div></div>

If you think so and it makes you happy , OK .

You a Limey or a kangaroo ?? </div></div>

My happiness is independent of your legend status, lol. I'm a Limey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my books , some good , " To Ride, Shoot Straight ,and speak the Truth " , some bad . " The Turner Diaries " . Some with great knowledge to share , " Hatchers Notebook " , some ain't worth the paper they were printed on , " The Tactical 1911 " . BUT all have a feel of warmth and you have to read them to find out if they are worth a hoot , don't judge a book by its cover ......

Now , my POINT IS , why don't you " I HAVE A DUMB QUESTION " oxygen thief's read a BOOK once in a while instead of just asking a question of those of us that have . ?? Its like you expect us to be happy to just give out the info we have either worked years to compile or years to take the time to do RESEARCH on our own and asking questions only when truly stumped .

Hell , we even do a fucking GOOGLE search now and then when stumped or wanting to compare answers .

BUT NNOOOOOOOO, you lazy Gen.Y public school retards think its easier to just demand an answer to the fucking dumbest shit I have ever heard of .

Next time you think you should title your post " This may be a DUMB question " , Yea , IT is . SO what you do is punch that question into GOOGLE and see what pops up . OR go to the library and use the Dewy Decimal system .

I was told by an Old Timer , that there is no DUMB question , well , he's dead 30 years now and did not get to see the Internet . Lucky bastard . </div></div>

Is this in response to Black_ump's thread/s?

When I speak of The Grinch, I speak only of myself.

Greg