• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Boondock Saints 2: Premiers Nov 1, All Saints Day

mtn_cowboy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2004
Greenville, NC
Boondock Saints 2

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day to Premiere Exactly When You Thought It Would

Director Troy Duffy announced to a packed room in San Diego that the sequel to his cult hit, The Boondock Saints will hit theaters on November 1, 2009, All Saints Day. A fitting date for Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day. Even though this surprised no one, it was a welcome announcement for a movie thought dead years ago.

The Comic-Con panel featured the All Saint's Day trailer as well as appearances by its stars Billy Connely, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Norman Reedus, who were genuinely thrilled and grateful to be at Comic-Con and gracious to the fans who demanded the sequel be made.

Duffy promised fans will see more of what they loved in the first movie and many more surprises. He also revealed that, as suspected, Willem Dafoe's character Paul Smecker will not be returning for All Saints Day, but fan favorite David Della Rocco, who made a surprise appearance in the fan Q&A line, will be back. Given that he died in the first movie, it will be interesting to see how this gets pulled off.

In a panel full of surprises, and enough swearing to make even Quentin Tarantino blush, the biggest surprise was when another favorite from Boondock Saints appeared: adult film legend Ron Jeremy. Did you know that Jeremy has teaching credentials and frequently lectures on college campuses? Neither did we.

The panel felt refreshingly more like a school reunion than a big studio media blitz. Fans were even included in the cast and crew's celebration, as Duffy invited them to join up for drinks at a local San Diego pub that night.

Posted 07/28/2009 by reelz

Re: Boondock Saints 2: Premiers Nov 1, All Saints Day

Looking forward to it, even with out Dafoe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bra260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to it, even with out Dafoe. </div></div>

I for one could without the classical music fairy.

Will be looking forward to it. The first is one of my favorite movies.

Been a long time coming, and looking forward to it. Thanks for the good news.

Heck ya, cant wait... First one is certinly a classic

Anyone have the first one on DVD they want to loan me, I'll pay shipping both ways of course.

J

I don't know...Dafoe had so many good one liners...I think it's a bummer.

Agreed, Dafoe would be a good addition to the film. He played a good drunk and was a good narrator.

"I have a degree in nameology"

JasonK- just buy it, I'd imagine you could get a copy for the shipping back and forth.

Excellent! That's the best news I've had this week. Will be looking forward to it.
smile.gif

"Checkov? Well, this here's McCoy. We find a Spock, we got us an away team."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

JasonK- just buy it, I'd imagine you could get a copy for the shipping back and forth.</div></div>

You are right. Classic Ebay goofballs, it's up to $19 there and you can get it for $13 from Amazon right now!!
smile.gif

It looks like you can get it HERE for 9 bucks shipped.

After thinking on how much I enjoyed this movie I asked the wife if she wanted to watch it. "No, you're taking me to the new G.I. Joe movie." Oh well, that should be good to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtn_cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did you know that Jeremy has teaching credentials and frequently lectures on college campuses? Neither did we.
</div></div>

Yes, I did. He lectured for a class my sister took at UCLA on Human Sexuality.

Now, that said, I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!!! I really hope that it is on par with the first one!!!!!