• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hidta107

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2006
tucson
Looking to purchase a couple pair of outdoor shoes.One looking for the lightest hiking /Military type boot or mid-length .Then a low cut type hiking shoe.

Re: Boots

For military style boots, I love Danners. Here's the link: http://www.danner.com/product/boots/desert+tfx+rough+out+hot+military+boots.do

However, if you don't have to go with a military style boot (as in, you're not worried about 670-1 standards), then the sky is the limit. I've had Keen mid-cut, Vasque Sundowners, and few others. The Vasque were spendy, but fantastic. I took them all over Asia and never had a problem, nor a blister.

What about the same type boot but with a steel shank ?

I need something nice when I do tower climbing work.

WESCO. Pay good money for one pair and be done with it. Don't come back cryin bout how much they are either. I said pay good money and be done with it.
Best motherfucking boots made. period. Boss series Engineer Boots, and Climbing boots custom fit to your foot. Me, I got about a year to go for my 16" bike boots. Fuckers will cost more than her ring too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Merrell for the shoe. </div></div>
1+

I like kenetrek boots, have been very comfortable. Try to find a boot store that carries a wide variety and start trying on boots.

im with lowlight on this one 1000%

i have been wearing army issue hot weather boots but i recently bought a pair of asolo fugitives. hands down best boots ever produced. heavy protection yet light. feels like you are walking on air.
your feet will thank you.

if you get them from an REI, they have a super lax return policy. my brother in law did the appalachian trail in 08 and literally returned 90% of his gear after he was done and get store credit. he also climbs and literally rips columbia pants to shreds every couple months. he hasnt paid for a new pair in over a year.

I like SWAT brand boots. They're tactical boots but very comfortable. No hurt feet after 12 hour shifts...

But for outdoor/hunting boots I just have cheap RealTree boots from Wal-mart, not a lot of walking involved then.

Danner. without question the best made most durable boots I have ever worn.

There is probably a historical comment or two about boots on here if you look around. For good outdoors walk-around type footwear I would try to find out what works best for you, instead of just buying what everyone else buys. I have spent a lot of my life walking so it is important to me.

I found these "Foot-Shoes" serve all my needs outdoors, and a cork type shower shoe I made for inside to be as comfortable as anything.

34xnnm9.jpg

2gtuhop.jpg

I got a pair of Lowa Zephyr Desert GTX boots a few weeks ago and really like them. They are proving to be excellent footwear. Sent 14 year old Danner Acadia boots in for resoling and needed a medium height, three season boot until the Danner's come back in about six weeks.

For what it is worth, the Lowa boots are more comfortable and better fitting. Several long half day hikes and even a couple of runs in the mountains here in NC along with daily wear and I am sold. They are not winter boots but for everything else they are a great well made boot.