• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Border wall destroying environment - Activists loosing their shit

Don't be upset when duck and dove season gets worse. /s

I think the bird strikes on the windmills are kicking the fence's ass.

R

I was coming here to say the same thing Rthur.

pic12.jpg

11-DSCN0086.JPG

I think the bird strikes on the windmills are kicking the fence's ass.

R

You wouldn't be wrong.......I work in an Industry that supports wind and solar........

BTW, the wind turbine folks are amateurs.......hold my beer;

Last edited:
You wouldn't be wrong.......I work in an Industry that supports wind and solar........

The smoking wisps are impressive.
Dude giving the talk looks like he may have contracted leprosy.

R

Reactions: Threadcutter308

You know what's fucked up? This lefty cousin of mine posted some article about how TX wind power surpassed coal power for the first time ever. In the comments, people were saying, "Shitloads of birds get killed by these things."

The fucking communists, get this, said, "It's ONLY <whatever the number was> out of <however many birds there are>. Tiny fraction, who cares?"

I was like...

WHAT. THE. FUCK! That's logical! That makes sense! Why don't y'all think the same way when it comes to guns? A tiny fraction of the population gets shot and killed each year. So fucking what? People die all the time. Some friends of mine nearly lost a kid the other day in a car accident that didn't even involve texting or anyone being drunk. Shit happens.

You know what's fucked up? This lefty cousin of mine posted some article about how TX wind power surpassed coal power for the first time ever. In the comments, people were saying, "Shitloads of birds get killed by these things."

The fucking communists, get this, said, "It's ONLY <whatever the number was> out of <however many birds there are>. Tiny fraction, who cares?"

I was like...

WHAT. THE. FUCK! That's logical! That makes sense! Why don't y'all think the same way when it comes to guns? A tiny fraction of the population gets shot and killed each year. So fucking what? People die all the time. Some friends of mine nearly lost a kid the other day in a car accident that didn't even involve texting or anyone being drunk. Shit happens.

All agenda driven......If the facts don't support their "popular" agenda, it doesn't get discussed. I gave up thinking that there was any way to "talk sense" to liberals a long time ago. I have one "friend" that has either done a good job hiding his liberalism, or he has gotten worse over the past few years. I'm to the point that I'm just going to distance myself from him over time. I'm really sick of the bullshit and I just can't believe what I hear coming out of his mouth these days.

I was like...

1565371039608.png

R

All agenda driven......If the facts don't support their "popular" agenda, it doesn't get discussed. I gave up thinking that there was any way to "talk sense" to liberals a long time ago. I have one "friend" that has either done a good job hiding his liberalism, or he has gotten worse over the past few years. I'm to the point that I'm just going to distance myself from him over time. I'm really sick of the bullshit and I just can't believe what I hear coming out of his mouth these days.

No patience for rabid leftists, but I'll voice my opinion to anyone that'll listen. Joe Plummer kinda drove the point home in Tragedy and Hope 101. The way to fight this shit is education.

Birds getting whacked by turbines is merciful death to the new environmental religionists.

How about the unitended consequences at the heliostat farms that are being built........

Smells like Thanksgiving.

Depends on whos agenda is creating the death whether or not it matters.

• Wow
Reactions: QuickNDirty
Funny how the coal & gas power plants get fined big sums of money for any "Protected" birds that get killed somehow while flying across their plants or exhaust plumes.

Yet these "green" Windmill farms and solar farms are given 20+ year kill as many protected birds as you want "permits" for free...

It's never about the "Protected Animals" it's ALWAYS about government control & ideological tyranny.

Funny how the coal & gas power plants get fined big sums of money for any "Protected" birds that get killed somehow while flying across their plants or exhaust plumes.

Yet these "green" Windmill farms and solar farms are given 20+ year kill as many protected birds as you want "permits" for free...

It's never about the "Protected Animals" it's ALWAYS about government control & ideological tyranny.

Oh, and just a little "green" tidbit..........

From cradle to grave, mining, generation of materials, manufacturing and everything else including disposal costs, Electric Vehicles consume far more energy than their internal combustion counterparts.......

The skyline of the midwest has been ruined by the windmills.

Went through Illinois, Wisconsin Iowa in early 90s it was clear horizons....

Now....This is what the red light airplane warnings look like at night.....they are all synchronized....

Yes very Green and environmentally friendly.

My door light is light pollution but this is "natural".

How many square miles are needed for 600 turbines? I was doing some really rough math and estimated ~2800 square miles of Texas is nothing but wind turbines, and that equates to ~15% of Texas' energy production.

2800 fucking square miles...

I mean, with the largest coal plants, I think we're talking < 100 square miles even with the quarries and shit.

How many square miles are needed for 600 turbines? I was doing some really rough math and estimated ~2800 square miles of Texas is nothing but wind turbines, and that equates to ~15% of Texas' energy production.

2800 fucking square miles...

I mean, with the largest coal plants, I think we're talking < 100 square miles even with the quarries and shit.
When the .Gov funding dries up it'll will get interesting on the maintenance.
There was a recent/local push through windfarm that effected a buddy of mine.
They went throught the motions and didn't listen to most of the folks that objected the installation.
Corp. laid the green energy BS on the country zoning and town boards and sold them hook line and sinker.
Strange it's never in the cities back yard that favors these policies.
Reminds me of reintroduction of wolves out west.

R

wonder if it smells like fried chicken around there year round?
and not a word mentioned about all the destroyed enviroment by these activists that drove out to survey the bad bad wall .you know they used a car , gas to get there they should look in the mirror and picket themselves first .

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
This illustrates why there are still a number of “problems” to be worked out on the environmental and natural energy front. All things “ environmental” are not as simple as they seem on the surface. Thinking with your heart instead of your head does not solve problems.

Ahhh "Trump wall." Nice deflection. Is it not now the "BidenWall." People who get their news from the news live in a complete state of cognitive dissonance.

If birds are too stupid to not fly 3' higher to avoid running into a wall, well maybe God didn't intend them to live.

So instead of blaming illegal immigrants for making a wall necessary....we are going to blame Trump for a wall Bush built with bipartisan support, to protect the sovereignty of the country......hmmm makes sense to me

I had a dead bird in my yard this morning. I blame the soy bean fields, let’s protest them and maybe that “impossible” whopper will go away

• Haha
Reactions: Snuby642 and lash
You should see all the trash left in the Arizona desert by illegals migrating north. THAT is certainly not enhancing our environment. Coming here from a trash heap and doing their best to make Arizona just like home.
You can't have there come here without here eventually becoming there.

Dove, duck, goose, quail, turkey, sandhills, woodcock, pheasant and grouse.

Let's not forget snipe. Lol

They are all renewable and manageable but a shame to waste any of them.

In the end windmills / solar fields are an ugly scourge on the landscape and should not be placed on public lands.

Make the companies buy their own land.

Buildings in NYC are built in the bird fight paths will they remove the skyscrapers to save the environment..... Fuck those birds its stopping the wildlife from Mexico and other shitholes from crossing pre biden of course.

As an 'environmentalist', I too had concerns about the wall as far as disrupting the natural migration pattern of certain animals such as the mountain lion, black bear, Desert Bighorn Sheep, Desert Mule Deer, jaguar, ocelot, but it's a price we must pay and not a small price, if it's to save our country from being invaded and turned into another 3rd world shithole. For every black bear or lion that crosses the Rio Grande, I bet there are 10k illegal aliens that cross.

Btw, Mexico doesn't have hardly any Desert Mule Deer anymore. They've been shot out and practically eliminated by the starving peons.

Reactions: Snuby642
Reactions: tomcatmv
In the end windmills / solar fields are an ugly scourge on the landscape and should not be placed on public lands.

Make the companies buy their own land.

They typically lease the land from land owners, private and Government. Some rent the land, most wind and some solar leases provide minimum revenue and a share of the revenue from the energy generated and sold at market.

This was an interesting thread to read. I see that many of the posts go back a few years. Is the general consensus on this forum that wind and solar energy is bad?

So is this where necrophilia with dead birds on a 2 year old thread orgy is? If so, my name is Jaun, and I like to party.

They should bury all the dead birds in a mass grave , maybe one day with enough heat and pressure they can turn in oil. Just another way wind mills are helping with power production.

Reactions: lash